Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a good friend of mine is picking up her 2008 Ninja 250 today. The bike appears to be in good condition (no rust, no scratches, etc) and only has 1,300 miles.

She asked me to ride it home. I'm very comfortable on my Ninja 300 but I'm curious if there is going to be a big difference between the two. I guess my main concern is the clutch, is a 2008 fairly similar to a 2013?

Also, is there anyway to check while riding if the bike was properly broke in?
Any other tips? (Besides that fact that I probably should have test rode it before she purchased it.)

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
They're really almost the same bike. I would take it slow at first to get more familiar with it and to make sure that there's nothing mechanically wrong with it.

I don't think there's a way to check how the bike was broken in

·
Registered
97 Posts
There will be some subtle differences like sensitivity of the shift lever, friction zone of the clutch and of course the handle bar position. Within 5 or so minutes you'll be adjusted to it I'm sure. Then when u get back on your 300 you'll get to appreciate the added power again.

Speaking from personal experience riding my friends 250

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
117 Posts
Any chance your friend is kNinjaGirl? haha

Anyways coming from a 250 myself, the thing I appreciate the most is DFI, I never want to mess with carburetors again. Other than that the handling is pretty much the same, I believe the main fairings were a little bigger than the 300's for some odd reason, so the bike might seem wider.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any chance your friend is kNinjaGirl? haha

Haha I don't believe so, unless she has an account on here that I'm not familiar with!

Thanks for the tips everyone. It was pretty smooth sailing, stalled at the first light just because it hasn't been warmed up long enough.

Not sure if because it's just an older design or that it's a 250, but I feel that the throttle isn't nearly as responsive as my 300. I definitely can tell the difference in power. It does make me appreciate my 300 much more!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've owned 2 250's, the latest one being the 2008 candy plasma blue version :D.

I'd say everything is similar enough to get used to in about 10-15 miles asides from the carbs vs FI. Better throttle response and no more hassling with cold carbs.

EDIT:
I will say this. After getting a 300, I decided to let the 250 go and never look back. It's just that much better :).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts