Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
I would think a video on doing the shift pattern conversion would show the shifter flipped, the cover cut and the final result. The information of flipping where the rod connects to the transmission doesn't need a video.

The most useful thing would be to show how much of the cover needs to be trimmed to provide the clearance for the shift rod.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I would think a video on doing the shift pattern conversion would show the shifter flipped, the cover cut and the final result. The information of flipping where the rod connects to the transmission doesn't need a video.

The most useful thing would be to show how much of the cover needs to be trimmed to provide the clearance for the shift rod.
It clearly tells you how to do it and what it does, that is all. Maybe she wasnt doing the mod herself, and rather just giving direction to others. Its would be obvious on how to trim the cover once the linkage is flipped..

The video does a great job at explaining what GP shift is, and how to do it. A perfect video for newbies, which are are large percentage of 300 owners.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Thank you for this video. I didn't know adjusting where the lever sat was an option.

·
Registered
237 Posts
It clearly tells you how to do it and what it does, that is all. Maybe she wasnt doing the mod herself, and rather just giving direction to others. Its would be obvious on how to trim the cover once the linkage is flipped..

The video does a great job at explaining what GP shift is, and how to do it. A perfect video for newbies, which are are large percentage of 300 owners.
It's not clear how much you have to trim off once you remove it. You can't put it back in place once you have flipped the rod so it is hard to tell how exactly where the piece will lie once placed back in correctly. If you want to just remove the whole bottom bar then it is easy. I wanted to remove as little as possible. Also the bottom bar on the cover is very deep and it looks like you could possible keep part of it for extra strength but it will just barely interfere with the movement.

Since I have done the mod already, I was trying to illustrate where the actual work lies. Taking off the cover and flipping the linkage takes maybe 5 minutes max.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.