Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Kawasaki 650R, but this new 300R Ninja seems very interesting to me. I read one article comparing the 300R to two stroke 250cc supersport machines that dominated the race tracks not too many years ago. I don't think the 300R could beat the 650R in the 0-60, quarter mile, roll on power, top speed, but it must be a quick bike because of its light weight. I keep reading how fun the 250R Ninja and now the 300R Ninja are to ride. I once had a Yamaha RD 400 two stroke between 1980-1983, and it only weighed 350 pounds dry, but it was super quick, and it has always to this day been my favourite bike. I just wonder how fun this new 300R is to ride.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The new 300 is a blast. It is a very quick bike and has more power than most people assume. Plus it looks like a bigger bike. Most people don't believe its a 300. Everyone think its the 636. It won't blow anything away but it has more than enough power to beat factory stock cars on the road. I highly recommend this bike

·
Registered
129 Posts
definitely looks like a bigger bike, I followed an R1 Raven into the bike lot to park at my college and he got off his bike and come over and asked me if I was riding the new 636, he was shocked when I told him it was only the 300 and he was overly impressed with the styling, I think I am the only person so far with issues of riding such a small bike but it is a blast to ride and I will keep it even after I get a bigger horse in the stable, it excites me a bit and is tame enough not to buck the wife off hers and for the price for a no mileage bike out of the crate I have nothing but love for the little 300

·
Registered
958 Posts
I had a 2012 Ninja 650r and own the Ninja 300. No, the 300 is not nearly as fast as the 650r and if there is a weakness in the 300, it is acceleration. As you observed, the lighter weight of the 300 makes for exciting cornering, economy, and remarkable performance considering its size. That very long 6th gear allows for excellent interstate commuting too. The 300 is a huge improvement over the 250s. That's the way you have to look at it. It will not compare favorably to a 650r.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts