Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
So it's a sad day but the fiancé made me get rid of the 300. Though in its place sits a used 2007 zx6r red. It has 16k miles, ss brake lines,pcv, Yoshi pipe, crg levers,hid lights. Got it for 4k. Prob could have got it for. Closer to 3700 but he wouldn't budge. Other than a small ding near the rear due to what looks like a little Rock it's in good shape. Will be replacing all the plastics soon just because I am very particular. What was surprising is how it feels. First I'm short 5/5 29in inseam. It is very easy to foot. Decent comfortable. So far it's an interesting bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wanted another bike. Was not allowed to keep both. After 3 years with the 300 it was time.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I wanted another bike. Was not allowed to keep both. After 3 years with the 300 it was time.
So, you're both adults but somehow she has veto power of you? How does that work? Do you get to tell her what she can or can't have when you feel like it? :)

What would have happened if you just ignored her and kept both?

I'm always fascinated when people claim that their signficiant other doesn't 'allow' their adult partner to do something. Or what? :D

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hahaha spacepod. The old homage of happy wife happy life. It's give and take. More of a saying I guess. I buy things and sell them without any thought. I am aweful with managing money, finances etc. So it would have been pointless to keep the 300 would rarely ride it. So I'd be paying insurance for nothing. So she said you get one or the other. Which makes sense. So I gave it to a kid who was so desperate to get a bike and was willing to do anything. So I got him his first bike for a steal. And I got a bike I want. She puts up with me so I can give a little. Plus she liked it and said I should buy all the parts I want. So win win. But yea bike is so interesting. Comfortable for shorties like me. And power is very weird how it comes on.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
She's not bad... the girl. The bike well she is like that women at the bar you saw when you were single but could never really get, because she was a solid 11.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Hahaha spacepod. The old homage of happy wife happy life. It's give and take. More of a saying I guess. I buy things and sell them without any thought. I am aweful with managing money, finances etc. So it would have been pointless to keep the 300 would rarely ride it. So I'd be paying insurance for nothing. So she said you get one or the other. Which makes sense. So I gave it to a kid who was so desperate to get a bike and was willing to do anything. So I got him his first bike for a steal. And I got a bike I want. She puts up with me so I can give a little. Plus she liked it and said I should buy all the parts I want. So win win. But yea bike is so interesting. Comfortable for shorties like me. And power is very weird how it comes on.
To each their own, right? I just found that more compelling than your upgrade. ;)

·
Registered
373 Posts
So, you're both adults but somehow she has veto power of you? How does that work? Do you get to tell her what she can or can't have when you feel like it? :)

What would have happened if you just ignored her and kept both?

I'm always fascinated when people claim that their signficiant other doesn't 'allow' their adult partner to do something. Or what? :D
Relationships are work. Wouldn't you agree? Ha! Like the OP, I had to consider my wife's thoughts as well when I purchased my Ninja. It's not necessarily a "You can't get this unless you do this" type of relationship between my wife and I though. Let me explain. When I got into MMA training, my wife got an SUV. When I built my AR15, she got her nails and hair did. When I got my bike, she asked if she can upgrade the band on her engagement ring. Mutual respect, mutual gain. I love my wife man, she holds me down. Plus, she always has the answer to questions I can't answer myself like, "What are we going to eat?" or "Where's my wallet?" or "When is my doctor's appointment again?"

·
Registered
161 Posts
So, the most important question is yet to be asked: How are you finding the step up to the 600? Most of us have either done it or hope to do it soon. What's different, what's better, what's worse? Any and all random thoughts on the step up are welcome. :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I had a 600 before. But after being with the 300 for so long it's very different. First the power obviously. It's smooth very smooth for an older bike. It feels much more planted. Turn in, highway, everything is much more planted. It is honestly easier to ride. The reason why is you don't have to work it. It's surprisingly comfortable. Yea I have to cheek sneak at traffic, but when I'm on it and going the lean and reach to the bars isn't all that bad. Though I will say it is a bit of a fatty compared to a few others I have ridden. It holds its weight okay, but not great. Now I love the design but that is all personal preference. Well see how I like it after a long 400mile trip.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Well I had a 600 before. But after being with the 300 for so long it's very different. First the power obviously. It's smooth very smooth for an older bike. It feels much more planted. Turn in, highway, everything is much more planted. It is honestly easier to ride. The reason why is you don't have to work it. It's surprisingly comfortable. Yea I have to cheek sneak at traffic, but when I'm on it and going the lean and reach to the bars isn't all that bad. Though I will say it is a bit of a fatty compared to a few others I have ridden. It holds its weight okay, but not great. Now I love the design but that is all personal preference. Well see how I like it after a long 400mile trip.
very nice bike i ended up getting the ninja 300 instead of the zx6r because the bike was too bulky for me and im about the same height as you . Do you know if the year zx6r you have has a lower seat height than the recent years on this bike? can you flatfoot it ? is it lowered at all or anything ?

·
Registered
221 Posts
I've found that slightly larger bikes do feel easier to ride in that you get a sense of stability - I was blown away by the Panigale 959's slow speed handling - I felt I could practically float on that thing.

As cruiser riders will tell you, they all weigh the same when they're moving....

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
For some of us longer folk, the newer bikes feel more and more designed for Spacep0d and less for anyone nearing average North American height. :D What gets most longer people with these newer super sports from Japan is that the reach from bars to saddle are very short. Like horse Jockey short. Especially for the tucked position that most of these bikes are designed around. Many shorter people think the reach on a lot of these bikes feel pretty far, but they also aren't riding in the position the bike was truly designed for and are much more upright than designed. When you really get in the position the bike was designed around, the reach issue becomes moot for the shorter person and the taller person wont quite fit without some body origami. The European bikes are often complained about in the ergo department for having longer reach from the saddle to the bars but then again, the European bikes are designed around larger riders compared to the Japanese bikes.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts