Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iv just fitted a 180/55/17 rear tyre on my ninja 300 and it fits just fine with no rubbing against anything. It looks like I could have gone with a 190 but that's insane.. Lol. I
couldn't find and proper threads with clearance pics, etc. So I took a chance. Went to a reputable racing shop who advised me that it will fit just fine. I rind the ride abit softer that the original tyres with great grip though.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Bike looks AWESOME!!!

They do say, however, that going too wide on the tires (i.e. rear over ~150) will decrease the bike's cornering performance. Sure looks nice, though! (y)

·
Registered
442 Posts
Bike looks AWESOME!!!

They do say, however, that going too wide on the tires (i.e. rear over ~150) will decrease the bike's cornering performance. Sure looks nice, though! (y)
Yup. Squeezing a large tire on a narrow wheel changes the profile. Looks good from the back, but doesn't help handling.

Look at the tire sizes on a Moto3 bike (250cc single). That's optimum tire size for maximum handling for a cycle in that category.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I put that size tyre on purely for esthetics, nothing else. I do have another bike that I use for the track. I removed that eyesore of a license plate holder. Making a Diy tale tidy. Will post a pic of it once done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts