Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed and test ride my 15t front sprocket. For the kind of riding I do (mostly cruising around and commuting) it's excellent. I now have a useable 1st gear and I'm not constantly trying to shift into 7th.
A 15t front sprocket reduces rpm in a given gear by 8% and reduces torque to the ground by 8%.
To me the bike was slow before and it's still slow. I rarely ride at full throttle anyway so it really didn't make much difference in power to me.
For me it's a keeper and I think will end up being one of my favorite mods!

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Awesome! I ended up going with a 40t rear as Spacep0d recommended a while ago - which comes close to the ratio that are at at right now with the 15t front. I love this mod as well.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Ok, I see. So going to a 15t front sprocket makes your ratio 2.8 compared to stock that is 3.0 right?

My 42t rear takes it to 2.86. So is it safe to say that my RPMs are just slightly higher than yours? I have to take note what my cruising RPMs are at 70mph.

I have to re-read threads to see what the findings are. I'd like to see my RPMs lower on the freeway as well :D

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm. Yeah my math wasn't right before. Looks like 15-42 and 14-40 are almost the same ratio. For some reason I was thinking the stock rear was 45. I corrected my original post.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts