Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was at work yesterday and I saw a customer come in with a blue jacket on that looked like a motorcycle jacket then I saw a stryker vest and new he rode. I looked out in the parking lot and saw a blue R6 that matched his jacket so I asked him if it was his and he said "Yeah, is that your green 1000 in the back?" At the time where he had said green, I was already saying yes but right as I said that he said 1000 hahaha, I decided not to correct him and he just ended saying how beautiful he thought it was and he asked if it was a 2013 and some other things. I would have talked to him more and probably corrected him but I had to get back to work. As I walked away I was just laughing to myself thinking of how he thought it was a 1000 and wondered how many other people think it is a liter bike lol, most people that ask me about it think it is a 600.

·
Registered
630 Posts
It can easily get mistaken for ZX-6R with the green SE paint. ZX-10R isn't too off, so I guess if you just glance at it from the side, it's an easy mistake. Especially if you don't often see the ZX's/aren't that familiar with kawi's.

I had two people arguing over what my bike was, and they were maybe 30 feet from it. One guy said "ZX6?", I said nope, other guy say "250 right?". Haha :p.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
I've had two people in the last week ask me if my bike was a ZX-11. One of them was riding a VFR1200 and owns a large Honda Car dealership

·
Registered
330 Posts
Mine gets mistaken for a new 636 all the time. Whenever I tellem its a 300 they always act like I'm making something up and say they never heard of that before.

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
Someone thought my white 300 was the white 636, lol, but then noticed the back tire. Even though the White 636 is more black in the places the 300 is white, and the white itself is more flat.

I rode next to a ZX10R tonight, and it really makes the 300 seem slow, but only when riding with someone on a biger bike. When I'm by myself, My 300 seems perfect. He had a FS with a PC5, and his exhaust shot a quick flame when he revved it high, lol

·
Registered
299 Posts
One of the employees at D-Store SF got it right :D Then he went outside and took pictures of my SE. Completely made my day haha.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
, most people that ask me about it think it is a 600.

i get the same thing, i wish i had a dollar for every who asked me it mine was a 600 as well:)

i think what gives the illusion is the width of the fairing at the motor, man theres like almost 4 inches of gap in there!!!

but thats a good thing, i need that for my airhorn!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I guess people don't bother looking at the tires, but yes, I also get people asking if its a 636. I corrected one person, but after his negative feedback " oh i wont bother wasting money on a 250-300cc bike" im not going to bother anymore. Let'em think what they want.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I had a similar incident where I was at the beach and I guy pulled up and started talking to me about the bike and how his friend had the same one,"a 1000cc".I corrected him though.he was shocked that it was only a 300.its an awesome feeling even if it isn't true.

·
Registered
145 Posts
same here... I ran into another ride at the coffee shop. (Timmy's for your Canucks. :) ) He commented how nice my bike was, and asked if it was a 1000? He was shocked when I told him it was a 300. He stated the size of the muffler made him think it was at least a 1000. Needless to say, he was impressed. That made my morning. :)

·
Registered
257 Posts
i get the same thing, i wish i had a dollar for every who asked me it mine was a 600 as well:)

i think what gives the illusion is the width of the fairing at the motor, man theres like almost 4 inches of gap in there!!!

but thats a good thing, i need that for my airhorn!
"Give me a dollar and I'll tell you what it is." Start cashin' in !

·
Registered
65 Posts
I was just riding my special edition around the city, stopped at the red light and this homeless guy says "nice bike" " is this like 1150?". I say "no, it is 300" he says "1500" , lol I say "300". His jaw dropped. He said he could not believe it, he looked it over a few times, scratched his head, and said it does not sound like small bike. I told him its a new model 2013. But he kept saying, "no, can't be 300". Lol

So they light turned green and I rode away.

Another guy at my work told me that bike looked fast. I told him "yes, it LOOKS fast, but really it is not that fast" lol

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
A few people thought that as well with mine. I actually sat in a white 636 today and feels and looks totally different.
I sat on a 636 the other day. I think Kawasaki uses wooden seats. Man that's a hard ass seat.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 53 Posts