Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, so im sold on getting a ninja 300 special edition hopefully by the end of this month as i will be taking msf next week. I know the capabilities of this bike but i was just wondering how fast would this bike be in the 1/4 mile? Seems i cant find times for it anywhere.

·
Registered
463 Posts
dont know, dont really care either way, i bought it for the joy or riding it

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Comparing to 2 stroke Yamaha twins of the 1970's

The Ninja 300 sits between the RD 250 / RD 350 displacement-wise and willingly turns another 4,000 revs. With 150 lb. rider the 250 turned a 15.1 at around 85 mph. The 350 ran a best of 14.39 at 89 mph with the same criteria; both machines 6-speed and reed valve induction. My brother and I owned five of these, from new, in the years 1973 - 1976; an RD 400 thrown-in for the year 1976. From having ridden thousands of miles on those, albeit years ago; I would put our 300's in the mid-14 sec. range at around 90 mph easily. If you weigh less than I do (215 lbs.), as little as 140 lbs., you should be able to run low 14's. Somebody post a time slip, please.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will do :), there is a drag strip about 30 minutes from where i live :p. i want the bike mostly to comute and cruise to nearby towns but im always curious about 1/4 mile times on everything. I guess i read car and driver too much.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
release all the air from your tyres and fill them with helium, the helium will make the bike lighter, therefore faster,i suggest you fill the tyres so they are about 4 times bigger then they currently are, but be warned, the bike might have a tendency to float away on you, you might need to attach a piece of string to it to stop this,lol

·
Registered
112 Posts
release all the air from your tyres and fill them with helium, the helium will make the bike lighter, therefore faster,i suggest you fill the tyres so they are about 4 times bigger then they currently are, but be warned, the bike might have a tendency to float away on you, you might need to attach a piece of string to it to stop this,lol
They see me trollin' they hatin'...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
221 Posts
:D not bad.If youre into small bikes The March Cycle World issue is the one to get.
Not bad at all!

Not all of us ride motorcyles with the purpose of using them as glorified shopping carts, some of us actually want to have fun ;)

Reactions: Vladius

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow, I really thought we where in the thirteens.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
So I went out last Friday to the midnight drags and ran the ninja 300 twice. Fastest time I could get with solid launch and shifting around 11.5 k and 15t sprocket (turns out to work great since right at end of 4th when crossing 1/4) was 16.4 seconds. The DA(density altitude) was around 5900 ft.

I have the time slip below.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quarter Mile and Eighth Mile Times

I ran mine in the 1/8 and 1/4 last Saturday and it ran 10.80's in the 1/8 and 16.50's in the 1/4. Fun but somewhat slow passes, still love it though! :eek:k: I'm also a female that's never raced a bike before, only cars!

Also, not too bad!^^^^^^

1 - 18 of 18 Posts