NO WAY
That is outrageous everyone knows that 250 and small bikes
are like 10 second to 60
god i am so sick of people complaining about how slow they are
nice vid man
what gloves are those btw?

· Registered
1,592 Posts
Awesome video. I want to attempt to try this as well. But even in first gear for me, when I see it hit 4500 RPM, I shift on impulse.

· Registered
1,592 Posts

· I ♥ Borat In A Thong
1,183 Posts
Yeah. First bike. Just trying to break it in like the dealer told me to.
I tried that. Did 70 miles in my neighborhood before I said screw it and took it out on the 40+ roads. Then a few days later put it on the interstate. It's my first bike and I've only been riding for 3 weeks.

· Registered
1,581 Posts
Bikes feel a lot faster than cars to me at the same speeds; it's just being out in the open. Anyway 6 seconds is pretty good for a $5k vehicle. My Mustang only shaves a second off that and it cost a hell of a lot more.
This. 5.6 seconds to 60 mph, as reviewed by cycle world (I think; I forgot which mag I read that directly) rivals plenty of cars out there

Sent from my LG-P999 using Motorcycle.com Free App

· Registered
1,045 Posts
I would just rev it, slip the clutch, and take off in 2nd and just skip 1st gear which is fairly worthless, just as in the 250r. Fast sport bikes have an advantage because they all do 0-60mph in 1st gear. The problem there is keeping the front wheel on the ground.

· Registered
358 Posts
Getting a car to launch hard is easier today with modern electronics like launch control. My little WRX can hit 60 in about 4.7 seconds with the Cobb add-in module using 5000 rpm launch control and no lift shift (nice feature on the Cobb unit).

Waiting for the day when some engineer puts an electric motor in the front wheel of a motorcycle so both wheels can be under power. Launch control for a motorcycle would be awesome!!

· Registered
121 Posts
Haha I decided with a mate to have fun the other day. He owns a 2005 Ford Xr 6 Turbo...the thing is pretty dam quick and gets going. I don't really know how to launch so we both went from a slow roll....I destroyed him (obviously cause his turbo has to kick in) but at 110...I was still in front. When he launched his car we were neck and neck (and I didn't launch the bike). They may be a small 300cc's but they still get up and go!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.