luggage solution - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Joge
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Unread 08-11-2019, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

Haven't seen this really addressed other than in one thread on a 10 lb Palladin rack... Looking for a realistic luggage solution that will hold at least 25 lbs securely in a tail/top bag and at least 15 each in saddle bags and will not cost more than the bike itself. I do prefer not giving up the passenger seat to luggage. I'm new to this model (mine is a '14). I do realize that it's a sport bike and has limitations.
However, I doubt I'm the first rider of one of these that needs a way to haul groceries, a change of clothes, an extra helmet or a bag for business/school stuff. So, tell me (or show me) whatcha got.
Cheers
P.S. any tips on tank bags?

Last edited by vasechek; 08-11-2019 at 10:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Unread 08-12-2019, 08:11 AM
MAL
Veteran

Here's Kawasaki's own tank bag: https://www.kawasaki.com/accessories...-bag/K57003114

All I have is a Kawasaki Soft Top Case:

, which is very well made and surprisingly roomy (see *). I've found myself doing grocery shopping, and at the checkout looking down at what I just purchased thinking: "Dang, this is never gonna fit!"
But it always has......so far!

There's also this thread: https://www.kawasakininja300.com/for...-solution.html (too expensive for me!)

Note *: this bag isn't listed at kawasaki.com any longer, so I suspect it may be discontinued. If you'd want one, my guess is the ones offered on amazon are left-over stock.

Last edited by MAL; 08-12-2019 at 08:18 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to MAL For This Useful Post:
vasechek (08-12-2019)
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Unread 08-12-2019, 12:45 PM
Veteran

Purchased from Twisted Throttle:

Givi 3D600 Easylock Saddlebags | 18-28L each, 36-56L Total

Givi FZ4108 Topcase Rack To Fit Givi Monolock Or Monokey Luggage For Kawasaki Ninja 300 '13-'17

Givi plate type Monokey M5

GIVI TE4108 Soft Saddlebag Supports For Kawasaki Ninja 300 '13-'17 | Fits Easylock Side Bags & Other Luggage

Givi V47NNT Tech Monokey Topcase (Ea) - 47 Liters/Case - Black CF center accent

GIVI E135 Brake Light Kit For V47 Top Cases

Total investment will be around $1000, but worth every penny!!! I just got back from a 2372 mile trip and they worked great!!! The only downside is that the sidebags are semi-soft/hard so they're not waterproof or very theft proof. They come with rain covers that work well and luggage locks which will keep honest people honest. When I travel, I take them inside at night.

You sound just like me: most of my riding involves some kind of an errand where I need to haul something (today it was two dozen farm fresh eggs), or commuting to work and needing to take my work stuff. I also keep rain gear and tools, etc with me all the time. This is a great solution, and I actually have more carrying capacity than I did on my NINJA 1000! But I admit that when they come out with a set of hard sidebags, I'll be the first in line to get them!

Here's a thread I wrote with details and pics:

https://www.kawasakininja300.com/forum/9-ninja-300-parts-accessories/134554-my-side-bags-here-my-side-bags-here.html

Also, I have an Akrapovic muffler and there is no issue with heat from it damaging the bags.

Another note: the green highlights were done by my riding buddies at 417 Graphix. They added green to the sidebags after these pics were taken. I'm afraid your stock ones will be boring black and grey as shown on the sidebags.

2017 NINJA 300 ABS KRT "Sheldon"
2015 NINJA 1000 ABS ('Tis better to have loved and lost..)
2008 NINJA 250R (First NINJA love!)
2013 VW Beetle TDI 6spd convertible ("Bug")

Last edited by BAZININJA; 08-12-2019 at 01:07 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to BAZININJA For This Useful Post:
vasechek (08-12-2019)
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Unread 08-12-2019, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

Thanks,
So, this one does take away the pillion, doesn't need a rack (= high weight capacity), is kinda pricey for a soft case, is genuine / folks seem happy with quality, isn't waterproof, is water-resistant and doesn't fit a helmet.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Unread 08-12-2019, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAZININJA View Post
Purchased from Twisted Throttle:

Givi 3D600 Easylock Saddlebags | 18-28L each, 36-56L Total

Givi FZ4108 Topcase Rack To Fit Givi Monolock Or Monokey Luggage For Kawasaki Ninja 300 '13-'17

Givi plate type Monokey M5

GIVI TE4108 Soft Saddlebag Supports For Kawasaki Ninja 300 '13-'17 | Fits Easylock Side Bags & Other Luggage

Givi V47NNT Tech Monokey Topcase (Ea) - 47 Liters/Case - Black CF center accent

GIVI E135 Brake Light Kit For V47 Top Cases

Total investment will be around $1000, but worth every penny!!! I just got back from a 2372 mile trip and they worked great!!! The only downside is that the sidebags are semi-soft/hard so they're not waterproof or very theft proof. They come with rain covers that work well and luggage locks which will keep honest people honest. When I travel, I take them inside at night.

You sound just like me: most of my riding involves some kind of an errand where I need to haul something (today it was two dozen farm fresh eggs), or commuting to work and needing to take my work stuff. I also keep rain gear and tools, etc with me all the time. This is a great solution, and I actually have more carrying capacity than I did on my NINJA 1000! But I admit that when they come out with a set of hard sidebags, I'll be the first in line to get them!

Here's a thread I wrote with details and pics:

www . kawasakininja300 . com/forum/9-ninja-300-parts-accessories/134554-my-side-bags-here-my-side-bags-here . html

Also, I have an Akrapovic muffler and there is no issue with heat from it damaging the bags.

Another note: the green highlights were done by my riding buddies at 417 Graphix. They added green to the sidebags after these pics were taken. I'm afraid your stock ones will be boring black and grey as shown on the sidebags.

Thanks, I'll def check them out, but dang - $1000 is steep ))
Guess, I'll be buying them one piece at a time

EDIT: 4108FZ rack is rated for 13.2 lbs... 32% better than the National Cycle joke, but still, an empty case eats up half of that capacity

Last edited by vasechek; 08-12-2019 at 10:54 PM.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Unread 08-14-2019, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAZININJA View Post
But I admit that when they come out with a set of hard sidebags, I'll be the first in line to get them!
C-Bow siderack is available for the Ninja 300, and hard bags called Orbit can be attached to it. Made By Hepco & Becker. Does somebody have any experiences?

Expensive, but what would not be...
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Unread 08-14-2019, 11:53 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joge View Post
C-Bow siderack is available for the Ninja 300, and hard bags called Orbit can be attached to it. Made By Hepco & Becker. Does somebody have any experiences?

Wow, cool!!! I'll have to do some research to see if I could make these work with my Givi top case. They're a little smaller than the expanded softbags I have, so that could be a factor, too. But they certainly look like a great option, thanks!

2017 NINJA 300 ABS KRT "Sheldon"
2015 NINJA 1000 ABS ('Tis better to have loved and lost..)
2008 NINJA 250R (First NINJA love!)
2013 VW Beetle TDI 6spd convertible ("Bug")
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Unread 08-15-2019, 08:23 AM
MAL
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joge View Post

Would that then be this combo:

https://www.hepco-shop.de/meinbike/k...ninja-300.html

and this:
https://www.motomachines.com/hepco-b...-c-bow-carrier

About ~U$600 all up?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Unread 08-15-2019, 03:30 PM
Forum Champion

Garage
Since no one really delved into tank bags, I'll throw this one out there. I've been using my Cortech Super 2.0 Low tank bag for about 3 years. I have 0 complaints about it - the magnets are super strong and it holds a lot more than you would expect. With it collapsed, I can fit 3 20 oz bottles of water, a pair of glasses, a kickstand pad, tire gauge, gum, the square metal case that my Road ID came in (which I use for a spare pair of contact lenses, band-aids, hair ties, earplugs, and eye drops), and a few beef snack sticks. With the bag expanded, I've gotten all of that, plus another 2 bottles of water (4 total) and an extra helmet visor in it. Even with all of that, I've always had room for a few other small things.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...ofile-tank-bag

I also like that the rain cover is always with you because it's stored in a small rolled pocket on the front of the bag. I can speak to the map pouch, because I always take them off and toss them in a drawer as soon as I get any bag.

It's a girl on a bike...it's Rogue!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Twitter: @Rogue_300
Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Instagram: Rogue_300

Do you rock it?

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Unread 08-16-2019, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
That's exactly what I meant. There are only few reviews of Orbits in the Internet, so who will be the first one to test and write about them here? At least usually the brand is known for a very good quality. For years ago I was reading a hard case test from a magazine and they called Hepco & Becker as a Mercedes-Benz of motorcycle bags.
MAL likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in