LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverRiver6 View Post
never, learn to one foot if you can't reach
Their are always " TRAINING WHEELS "

MAY YOU LIVE AS LONG AS YOU WANT TO
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AND WANT TO AS LONG AS YOU LIVE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennylxix View Post
With just a 1" lower in the rear my kick stand is fine. Obviously I need to be conscious of parking on side inclines a little more but if I can't pay attention to how much my bike is leaning maybe I shouldn't be riding a bike in the first place
Is it lowered " 1 " inch or .5"

I thought that in your original posting, you stated that it was lowered .5 " .

Only reason I am asking is because my ONE INCH lowering links are being installed today. The Service Tech asked me if I had another kick stand. I told him no as others have stated that they are getting by with the original kick stand, but paying more attention and being more careful as to where and how they park their bikes.

I am very careful about where and how I park my bikes. But now wondering if I should now be considering an adjustable height kick stand.

post #43 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 10:36 AM
Veteran

I started at .5 but settled on 1". That's 1" lower as measured straight up from the rear tire and I think was a tiny bit less. There is some room for interpretation as to what 1" lower means as it's on a pivot. Depending on where you measure you'll get different results.
post #44 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Quote:
I started at .5 but settled on 1". That's 1" lower as measured straight up from the rear tire and I think was a tiny bit less. There is some room for interpretation as to what 1" lower means as it's on a pivot. Depending on where you measure you'll get different results.
OK, thank you for the update / explanation.

As I previously said, my " Lust Racing " ONE " inch " lowering links are being installed today.

But have to admit, I do not know where they measure to come up with the one inch. Going to be interesting find out though.

I would like to be able to stay with the STOCK kick stand. But if I do have to go with an adjustable one, I will. The problem is, their are not many adjustable stands out there on the market that I like. Thus far, I am leaning towards a Soupy's Adjustable Kick Stand. But then again, we are talking about $100.00 + kick stand.

I do not mind the $100.00 tag. But I just had to do a universal replacement on my Vette. And on top of that, I was just told that my SUV needs a new AC compressor. Guess, I am finding out what " Labor Day " really means, as I will be writing checks for lots of labor.

post #45 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 07:19 PM
Veteran

At least you're not here in Central Florida for labor day:/
post #46 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 11:28 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Quote:
At least you're not here in Central Florida for labor day:/
Noooooooooooooooooo ............ not in Central Florida. Looks like no beach time for the residents this holiday weekend. Can only hope that folks are well prepared and find a safe area to wait for weather to pass.

Seems like every part of this country has been weathering storms this past summer. Folks are welcome to come up here to the Northeast, but then again Mother Nature and Winter are just around the corner.

Getting back to bikes. Got the 300 back from Factory Dealer service today and installation of Lowering Links. Have to admit that billing was quite a bit less than expected.

Can not figure out why some folks speak so negatively about lowering a bike. Yes, it does appear to sit just a tad bit lower. On ride home, did not notice hardly any difference in handling. If anything, I think it now turns smoother rather than sharply, as the bike is known to do. Body position on bike may be just a little bit more vertical, but still keeps the sporting position intact. Not that I had a past problem, but now know that feet are planted even more solidly on the pavement when stopped. Finally as so many state that you need to change the kick stand. Well personally, I say " NO WAY " Stock kick stand still holds bike firmly and at a good safe parking angle.

I might have to agree that if one was to lower the rear lets say 1.5 inches or more, then you may create different ergonomics and would have to change other parts. But by lowering it just one inch, I do not know why Kawasaki does not do it themselves right on the production line.

Personally again, with the subtle changes that I have made, I think that I have made some very nice improvements to the bike and am very happy with it.

Now I think that I will keep it for a few more days.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page