Tank Protector for Satin Black - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 08:17 AM Thread Starter

Tank Protector for Satin Black

My 17 KRT is satin black. I noticed I am indeed scratching the tank a little with my clothes. I would like to get a tank Protector but don't want anything gaudy. No fake cf, no logos etc. Real cf is ok, something that blends in nicely is ideal. I want it to be specific for the 300 and not horrifically expensive.
I searched on here and found little info.

Help is appreciated!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 09:37 AM
Seasoned Vet

Garage
I can get where you're coming from. Personally I'd say you're better off dropping the "specific for the Ninja 300" requirement. Most of them have 'Ninja' or some other unnecessary branding. Being in the same situation, I want with the Genuine Carbon Fiber Tank Protector shown here. Since the pieces are separate, you can place them however you want. I've installed it both kn the Ninja 300 and Ninja 650, and it looked great. It's still among the best looking tank protectors I've seen at a reasonable price.

Anyway, that's what I use. I'm sure everyone has their own preferences.

- If someone's answer is useful, consider leaving a Like or a Thanks. The motivation to give a quality response is appreciated.
- Check out
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- Thanks for reading! If you want to see some interesting How-To's and tips, check out
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 10:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gables_Ninja View Post
I can get where you're coming from. Personally I'd say you're better off dropping the "specific for the Ninja 300" requirement. Most of them have 'Ninja' or some other unnecessary branding. Being in the same situation, I want with the Genuine Carbon Fiber Tank Protector shown here. Since the pieces are separate, you can place them however you want. I've installed it both kn the Ninja 300 and Ninja 650, and it looked great. It's still among the best looking tank protectors I've seen at a reasonable price.

Anyway, that's what I use. I'm sure everyone has their own preferences.
Thanks! I saw that site before as well. I went ahead and got one coming.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 10:21 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennylxix View Post
My 17 KRT is satin black. I noticed I am indeed scratching the tank a little with my clothes. I would like to get a tank Protector but don't want anything gaudy. No fake cf, no logos etc. Real cf is ok, something that blends in nicely is ideal. I want it to be specific for the 300 and not horrifically expensive.
I searched on here and found little info.

Help is appreciated!!

You have to pardon me as I can not recall where I purchased my TANK PROTECTOR, but it may have been on AMAZON.

I also have a 17 KRT and the protector matches the bikes colors perfectly, even though it does say NINJA on it. It appears to be carbon fiber and what I also really like about it. It matches perfectly the factory GEL seat that I installed.

I applied the tank protector last fall and it has not moved, lifted or done anything that would make me sorry I purchased it. While I have seen other protectors that do not apply correctly and lift in different places.

Good luck with yours. Sincerely hope it works great for you.

P.S. Just a little bit of advise. Be sure to thoroughly clean the area where you will be applying the protector. You do not want any dust, dirt, oil, wax, etc, preventing the adhesion of the protector.

MAY YOU LIVE AS LONG AS YOU WANT TO

AND WANT TO AS LONG AS YOU LIVE

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page