ABS and Black Path 1" risers compatable ? - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Granpooba

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

ABS and Black Path 1" risers compatable ?

Hi,

Yes, I already know that their has been another thread in regards to " Black Path 1" handle bar risers ". But nobody seems to really address the subject as to whether or not they are compatable with ABS Ninja's.

Thus, I would appreciate hearing from those that have installed them on their ABS bikes. Whether or not they were a simple bolt on part ? Or, did you have to fuss and mess with clutch cables and brake lines ? Whether or not it is a self project ? Or, perhaps it should be done by a dealership ?

I have a new set of risers, still in the box. And it is a 50/50 toss up question as to whether or not they get installed.

Thanks in advance for your time, folks ............

MAY YOU LIVE AS LONG AS YOU WANT TO
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AND WANT TO AS LONG AS YOU LIVE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 07:07 PM
MAL
Veteran

Looks like you're alone in your quest!

How much effort is there in "trying to install" and see how far you get? How involved is this (assuming the cables are compatible)?

(Never done this myself, so have no idea...)
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 09:09 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
Looks like you're alone in your quest!

How much effort is there in "trying to install" and see how far you get? How involved is this (assuming the cables are compatible)?

(Never done this myself, so have no idea...)

Yes MAL, I feel very much alone with posting this question.
I do not feel that their is that much effort involved in installing the risers themselves. But , I have been picking up bits of information that folks have had troubles and had to reroute clutch cables and modify brackets, because of the brackets putting pressure on brake lines.

Was just trying to find out if some of it, or any of the information was true. But, nobody seems to reply, thus I can only assume that the small fraction of people that have them do not visit this forum.

Even the small print on Black Path's website states that changes may be necessary.

I may just shelf the risers for the time being.
MAL likes this.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 08:52 PM

Hi there. I have a 2015 ABS model and I recently installed these risers on mine. Don’t let all of the talk scare you away. This was probably a 15 minute job in the dark holding a flashlight. I did not reroute anything. The only thing I did was bend the bracket that they talk about in the other post to relieve tension on the lines. I did this with a hammer and a small piece of wood. If you bend the bracket in towards the post it will have plenty of room to turn lock to lock. These risers have definitely taken pressure off of my back and have made my bike more enjoyable to ride. If you are on the fence I would say try it. It will be easily reversed if you are not happy with the results.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cprewitt22 For This Useful Post:
Granpooba (05-09-2019)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 12:01 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cprewitt22 View Post
Hi there. I have a 2015 ABS model and I recently installed these risers on mine. Donít let all of the talk scare you away. This was probably a 15 minute job in the dark holding a flashlight. I did not reroute anything. The only thing I did was bend the bracket that they talk about in the other post to relieve tension on the lines. I did this with a hammer and a small piece of wood. If you bend the bracket in towards the post it will have plenty of room to turn lock to lock. These risers have definitely taken pressure off of my back and have made my bike more enjoyable to ride. If you are on the fence I would say try it. It will be easily reversed if you are not happy with the results.

Thank you for your input and advise.

To begin with, I have lights in my garage, thus the installation might be easier for me, rather than doing it while also holding a flash light.

Personally, I can see no reason why their should be any problem with just 1" risers. As I have also heard that the factory does allow some extra length in their cables and lines.

Only thing stopping me was that the bike is basically new, with only 200 miles on my 2017 Ninja. I just did not feel like taking a new bike apart if I was going to have to do a lot of other adjustment to the lines and cables. But even with only riding it 200 miles, I could as many have stated, felt the pressure on my wrist.

Once again, thank you for your greatly appreciated input.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page