Installing abs on a non-abs ninja 300 - Page 2 - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 09:53 PM
Seasoned Vet

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadt View Post
Zegzao what did you have to do to remove the abs? I’m trying to build my track bike and all the piping etc makes the engine harder to get to, plus I’m not a fan of abs on the track. I want the whole abs unit gone and all it’s piping but am not sure of the effects.
What do you mean by "am not sure of the effects"? Besides obviously not having ABS, what else are you concerned about? If I was in that position, I'd remove all the ABS-model brake lines and hoses, remove the ABS pump under the gas tank, remove the ABS fuse in the fuse box, and install non-ABS model braided steel brake line hoses. And that's it. There isn't really much more to it. You might have an error light on the dash (maybe, maybe not), but you could fix that taking a look at the dashe's pinout...or with duct tape - your choice.

Hopefully that covers your issue.

- If someone's answer is useful, consider leaving a Like or a Thanks. The motivation to give a quality response is appreciated.
- Check out
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- Thanks for reading! If you want to see some interesting How-To's and tips, check out
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
The Following User Says Thank You to Gables_Ninja For This Useful Post:
Chadt (12-10-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 01:42 PM

Yeah that definitely helps. I’m an ABS newb and was pretty sure it was that easy but figured I’d ask anyway.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 02:01 PM

I'll swap bikes with your friend. I'll even swap over the Lowering Link as well haha.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page