Can slip ons be this bad?? - Page 2 - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 05:46 PM
Forum Champion

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGreedo View Post
I bought a $150 Akrapovic slip on clone from Amazon. I left the DB killer in (but removed the tiny flap(??) at the end). It sounds beautiful! I had to change the stock muffler because it was all dented up (previous owner). I'm not that mechanically inclined and don't know if it made much of a difference in performance but to the hearing world, drivers do appear to shoulder check a little more when I ride close.

and yes, I already have tinnitus
You're going to end up with a lot worse than tinnitus if you don't ride with ear plugs. Even in a full-face helmet, you should be using ear plugs. Hearing loss is no joke.

It's a girl on a bike...it's Rogue!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Twitter: @Rogue_300
Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Instagram: Rogue_300

Do you rock it?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

Garage
True that^^ I found that head socks too can reduce helmet noise overall slightly too, helps a bit. I use plugs for any rides longer than commuting if I can remember to.

I do feel that an Akro slip on would give better performance than a danmoto one though, theyre a little more high end...

Been riding my stock pipe since, and it sounds great and feels better.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 09:09 AM
Veteran

Garage
I have bluetooth headphones that have the "marshmallow" style foam buds. They aren't quite as effective as proper plugs, but they cut the road noise extremely well, and I can listen to some tunes while riding without having to blast the music as loud as possible to hear it over the wind. I can definitely tell the difference between rides with and without the buds after getting off the bike. I have used in-ear foam plugs as well and find them to be only slightly better than the buds, and without the benefit of tunes.
To those who will inevitably say that listening to music while riding is dangerous because I might not hear something, I can assure you the volume I have set on the music in no way impacts my ability to hear external stimulus than a pair of earplugs. Everything in life is a compromise, and people are willing to accept and mitigate different risks in different ways.

2012 Honda NC700SA
2015 Kawasaki Ninja 300

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page