First thing first - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By ElPasoNinja

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

First thing first

Hey guys , i have recently purchased ninja 300 2013 for really good price. I have to admit previous owner didnt look after the bike and it needs alot of love. Now since i have been away from motorbikes for almost a decade my technical skills are as rusty as some of the metal on this bike lol.
I want to know what are the things i need to ensure before i hit on road. I can clearly see the oil is showing black so thats on top of the list to do. Is there anything else you guys would recommend checking and servicing. Brake pads , chain maintenance etc. Your contrinbution to this form is highly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 11:59 AM

Hello. I would start with changing all the fluids (oil, coolant, brake fluid), along with the oil filter, clean or replace the air filter, clean and lube chain and check for proper adjustment, also see if chain and/or sprockets need replacement. During coolant change I would check the hoses to see if they need to be replaced. I would also lube the throttle and clutch cables. Check brake pads and tires. If I thought the bike sat for a while, I would suction out the fuel and add new and some techron or seafoam to clean up the fuel system. I would also go over all the bolts and fasteners and make sure they are properly tight.
MAL and Rookie28 like this.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 12:09 PM

Just saw your other thread, with that kind of mileage I would also change the spark plugs and it's also time to get the valves checked and adjusted as needed.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 07:59 PM

In addition to what ElPasoNinja said, Id add inspection of forks and rear suspension for leaks and replace fork fluid. When bikes sit for a while, fork seals are some of the first things to go.

If the battery wasnt hooked up to a trickle charger, you may be looking at replacing that soon as well.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 06:04 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys great feedback. I guess ive got myself into abit of project.

Im going to try and do things like oil change, chain maintenance etc myself first and then maybe have it inspected by a mechanic few things you guys have suggested.

I just abit skeptical with mechanics as i dont like to get ripped off.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page