A repaired Ninja 300 - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sargent_Horse

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

Garage
A repaired Ninja 300

Over the last two days I finally got to repairing my Ninja 300. The bike was laid down and hit a guardrail head-on. The sliders saved my fairings and the rest of the side of my bike, but the cowling was ruined. About 800 dollars and two days of work later, the bike is back to looking beautiful. I added some upgrades such as a Leo Vince exhaust, a color matched single-seat cowl (had fake carbon fiber when I bought it), 20 dollar ebay radiator grill, and a double bubble Zero Gravity windshield. Replacing the front cage, cowling, and covermeter (the big things) was actually pretty easy. I defintely recommend doing it yourself if you are in a similar situation. The only hiccup I had was I bought a regular front "stay-comp cowling" (I call it a cage) when I guess my bike was a California version. The regular one is missing an additional bracket for what looks like some sort of emissions item. So we dremel'd the bracket off and had a buddy weld it to the new bracket and everything went back together perfectly. Here are some pics!

Pre-accident: https://imgur.com/gallery/UJCxOuj

Post-accident: https://imgur.com/gallery/WQ7S6Wa

Being repaired and complete bike: https://imgur.com/gallery/N9RRwG0

Rear motorcycle damage

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pictures of the bike pre and post-accident

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Sargent_Horse; 05-20-2019 at 08:17 PM.
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 12:39 PM

Well done
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 11:59 PM
Veteran

Nice work! They sure look different without all the Tupperware, don't they?

Couldn't help but notice the classic Beetle in the garage. What year is it? My first car was a '74, and it wasn't in nearly as good of shape as yours is!

2017 NINJA 300 ABS KRT "Sheldon"
2015 NINJA 1000 ABS ('Tis better to have loved and lost..)
2008 NINJA 250R (First NINJA love!)
2013 VW Beetle TDI 6spd convertible ("Bug")
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAZININJA View Post
Nice work! They sure look different without all the Tupperware, don't they?

Couldn't help but notice the classic Beetle in the garage. What year is it? My first car was a '74, and it wasn't in nearly as good of shape as yours is!
That is our 1968 Beetle. It's currently our most put-together bug and is sporting a 2.5 inch drop in the front and a 2 inch drop in the rear. It has a doghouse cooler and the engine is bored out to 1640 cc's.

My dad is a VW fanatic. We own 9 VW bugs between us from '58 to '68. He has 8 including the '68. I have a '58 with nearly every part on it being original to the vehicle including the four banger engine. Our projects include a '63 we bought as a baja and are now fixing it to be a much nicer baja. We are also toying with the ideas of putting a VW body on one of our Toyota SR5 frames and my dad really wants to make a bug bored out to 2100 with a supercharger. Bugs are amazing cars to work on and I love them to death! Glad to see someone else loves them too!

Edit: Honestly I kinda of liked how it looked without the plastic. Then again I do love the look of bikes like the Striple. Half-faired bikes like the Z900 just don't do it for me.
BAZININJA likes this.

Rear motorcycle damage

Pictures of the bike pre and post-accident

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page