This may replace my 300 - Page 2 - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by containment View Post
It's got the Grom style that, IMO, is not very pretty or fast-looking. Ninja's got the upper hand there. I do admire the attempt at the Ducati look.
Pretty? As always that's subjective. I don't find the Vitpilen or the Ninja pretty. I leave that term to members of the opposite sex.
Fast-looking? Again that's subjective. The SR-71 Blackbird was and is still fast looking.
Ducati look? What is the Ducati look?

2018 Husqvarna Vitpilen 401
2016 CCM GP450
2015 Kawasaki Ninja 300
2014 Ural Gear Up
1994 Harley-Davidson FXSTS Springer Softtail
1991 Harley-Davidson XLH Hugger 883
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 10:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rttoys View Post
Very comparable to the ktm390. Looks like fun. How does it ride/handle?

http://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com.../vitpilen-401/
Yes very comparable. Same engine and it looks like the same frame.
The ride is very aggressive compared to the Ninja and it is not a long distance bike as I found out trying to do the break in in two days.
Handling is better than the Ninja in the city but the Ninja wins for the highway.

2016 CCM GP450
2015 Kawasaki Ninja 300
2014 Ural Gear Up
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 10:42 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by xorbe View Post
The engine is exactly the same size/bore/stroke as the KTM 390 (373 cc, 89 bore, 60 stroke). Is it in fact, the same engine?
So far that I can tell it is. They both use the same oil filter. And it is made in Austria where the KTM is made.
Seems engine and frame are one the same assembly line, body work and details is then split for KTM and Huskie.

2016 CCM GP450
2015 Kawasaki Ninja 300
2014 Ural Gear Up
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 10:46 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaph View Post
Had my eyes on a 2017+ Duke 390 but they have a serious stalling problem. Most KTM thumpers do. My old 690 did. I have to wonder if these Huskies are going to have it also. I believe they may have solved the old blowing engine problem the old RC390's used to have.
It has stalled a few times but I can't confirm if it was from me on the clutch or the bike.
I do know that blipping the engine while in first at a stop will cause the engine to shut down. This has happened a few times to me.

2016 CCM GP450
2015 Kawasaki Ninja 300
2014 Ural Gear Up
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 11:30 PM
Seasoned Vet

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichbinbier View Post
Details? Google is your friend.
How much? $6,999 CDN
Why you chose it? Always liked the look but thought it was priced out of my range. It wasn't.
How does it compare to the competition? Tell me who the competition is. I see this as a modern cafe racer. Others may differ.
I was referring to the details on your purchase in particular. As in what other bikes you had in mind and why you finally saw this one as the best among them all. That bike is intriguing, but it is anything but common-place, so I'm not really sure what its closest competitor is. Considering that you posted it on a forum, I thought you might have an interesting take on the bike you'd want to share.

- If someone's answer is useful, consider leaving a Like or a Thanks. The motivation to give a quality response is appreciated.
- Check out
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- Thanks for reading! If you want to see some interesting How-To's and tips, check out
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-12-2018, 03:46 PM
Forum Champion

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by xorbe View Post
The engine is exactly the same size/bore/stroke as the KTM 390 (373 cc, 89 bore, 60 stroke). Is it in fact, the same engine?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawabule View Post
Yes, it is based on the Duke.
Quote:
So far that I can tell it is. They both use the same oil filter. And it is made in Austria where the KTM is made.
Seems engine and frame are one the same assembly line, body work and details is then split for KTM and Huskie.
KTM bought Husqvarna in 2013, so...

Congrats on the new addition! Looks as if it will provide many, many miles of smiles.

It's a girl on a bike...it's Rogue!

Twitter: @Rogue_300
Blog:

Instagram: Rogue_300

Do you rock it?

post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-12-2018, 11:25 PM
Seasoned Vet

Quote:
It has stalled a few times but I can't confirm if it was from me on the clutch or the bike.
I do know that blipping the engine while in first at a stop will cause the engine to shut down. This has happened a few times to me.
Yeah, that's the same issue the Duke 390's have. It's all over their forum. There is no solution for it. Just blip the throttle a couple times before you come to a stop and you can probably avoid it.

Zaph - Retired racer - Race Bike [
] - Pics [
] [
]
No longer present here - Find Zaph42 @ ninjette.org
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-13-2018, 08:21 AM
MAL
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, that's the same issue the Duke 390's have. It's all over their forum. There is no solution for it. Just blip the throttle a couple times before you come to a stop and you can probably avoid it.

(bolding mine)

Hmm, someone should try the BOOSTERPLUG, and see if that fixes it!
https://www.boosterplug.com/shop/boo...arna-741p.html

Claims:
- Soft and smooth throttle response
- Quicker acceleration
- The end of the dreaded low speed surging
- Removes the weak idle and stalling issues
- Minimize the backfire in your aftermarket exhaust

Last edited by MAL; 08-13-2018 at 08:43 AM. Reason: added direct link and more info
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-13-2018, 10:53 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gables_Ninja View Post
I was referring to the details on your purchase in particular. As in what other bikes you had in mind and why you finally saw this one as the best among them all.
To make a short story long, my Ural decided to lose some bearings again 8 kilometres from the campground at Port Dover for Friday the 13th.
A month later, the Ural still in the shop, I had a work call out of town.
The job finished in 2 hours so it was off the the bike shop in that town.
So here is the part you want to know.
I had no interest for any motorcycle on my mind when I went into the store, in fact I had no interest or plan in buying any motorcycle when I went into the store.
So I'll go back to my previous comment -
"Always liked the look but thought it was priced out of my range. It wasn't."
That can be said for many other bikes but I didn't go into those shops that Saturday.
Moral of the story, had the Ural not have broken down I would have been camping that weekend not working so I would never enter the bike shop to see the Vitpilen and I would never had bought it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gables_Ninja View Post
That bike is intriguing, but it is anything but common-place, so I'm not really sure what its closest competitor is. Considering that you posted it on a forum, I thought you might have an interesting take on the bike you'd want to share.
It is anything but common-place like my Ural and CCM and now the Husqvarna. I see a expensive trend starting to happen.

The interesting take is it may replace my Ninja.
Loved the Ninja for the city but the Vitpilen is proving to be a better city bike. Ninja stills wins for long distance travel over the Vitpilen

2016 CCM GP450
2015 Kawasaki Ninja 300
2014 Ural Gear Up
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-13-2018, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Interestingly after the first 1000 kilometre oil change it has yet to stall on me. I'll know or have a different opinion after they do the valve clearance check this weekend.

2016 CCM GP450
2015 Kawasaki Ninja 300
2014 Ural Gear Up

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page