I Found A Luggage Solution - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 12:34 AM Thread Starter

Cool I Found A Luggage Solution

When I got my Ninja 300 back in 2013 I felt limited to when I could ride. Since I WGATT I needed to carry my shoes for work as well as other items in a backpack. I never found this to be very comfortable. On days I decided to take a long trip, I didn't have a place for my phone or even a water bottle. One day I was on the forum and a start-up company was looking to make a prototype for the Ninja 300. I let them know I was interested and tested it on my bike. Their system is called Shrike Mounts. I had never purchased any other bag system before this because of the way the other bags mount to the bike. (Most look like they would shift and possible could damage my bike.) The Shrike Mounts use the passenger peg mounts to secure the bags to the bike. The bags do not touch the bike anywhere else. I have been so impressed with them. They are secure and solve my work and leisure riding needs. I like them so much that when I upgraded to the Ninja 650 last year, I purchased a set for that bike. I am not being compensated by the company. I just want to share how much I like their system and how it solved a problem that allows me to ride the bike more frequently.
Attached Images
File Type: png 2013 Ninja 300.png (549.3 KB, 73 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2018, 07:18 PM

Garage
I like these. They have a low profile that does not take away from the bike. I typically use a little cargo net to secure a small lunch bag to the seat. It's hard enough to swing my little legs over the seat. When I have "cargo" it is especially difficult. Thank you for sharing!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
+
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
=

Now:
Ebony 2017 Ninja 300 ABS Winter Test Edition

Then:
Green 2015 Ninja 300 ABS
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2018, 07:59 PM

Garage
These are nice but can you still have passenger pegs? Especially once the saddle bags are mounted.

2018 Husqvarna Vitpilen 401
2016 CCM GP450
2015 Kawasaki Ninja 300
2014 Ural Gear Up
1994 Harley-Davidson FXSTS Springer Softtail
1991 Harley-Davidson XLH Hugger 883
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2018, 10:08 PM

Garage
Those are very streamlined! Good find!

I needed a greater carrying capacity for touring, and chose a Givi set up for the same reasons - solid mounting that won't slip around and damage the bike. If you're ever interested in greater carrying capacity, Givi makes a great bag setup for the Ninja 300.
The Following User Says Thank You to azwindsock For This Useful Post:
travellingtenor (06-24-2018)
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2018, 12:52 AM
Seasoned Vet

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by azwindsock View Post
Those are very streamlined! Good find!

I needed a greater carrying capacity for touring, and chose a Givi set up for the same reasons - solid mounting that won't slip around and damage the bike. If you're ever interested in greater carrying capacity, Givi makes a great bag setup for the Ninja 300.

You should post some pictures of the Givi set up that you have. If you don't post pictures around here, it actually never happened.

MRA Windscreen,Yosh CF Slip-On,Fender Eliminator,Bar Ends,Rear Spools,Exhaust Hanger,Oil Filler Cap,CF Seat Accent,OEM Seat Cowl,ZX3-R Stickers,CF Air Box Covers,Removed Passenger Pegs,Pro-Tek Reservoir Covers,Driven Gas Cap,CF Chain/Hugger Guard,Battery Tender Pigtail,Tank Guard,Sportisi Exhaust Cowl,GPR V4 Stabilizer,Blaster X Tail Light,Bar Risers,JT 15T Sprocket, BKMOTO Projectors,RSV C5 Levers,Gear Indicator,Ohlin's Rear Shock,CF Headlight Cowl,SS Frame Plugs,CF Sprocket Cover,
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2018, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichbinbier View Post
These are nice but can you still have passenger pegs? Especially once the saddle bags are mounted.
http://www.shrikemounts.com

I got interested in these too, but it's said at the bottom of the site that no, you can't carry a passenger while these are mounted.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2018, 07:50 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joge View Post

I got interested in these too, but it's said at the bottom of the site that no, you can't carry a passenger while these are mounted.
I'll stick with my SW Motech Blaze saddlebags.
Quick on/off, expandable, very sturdy and I can still have a passenger.

https://sw-motech.com/en/products/lu...2572048221.htm

2018 Husqvarna Vitpilen 401
2016 CCM GP450
2015 Kawasaki Ninja 300
2014 Ural Gear Up
1994 Harley-Davidson FXSTS Springer Softtail
1991 Harley-Davidson XLH Hugger 883
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2018, 07:26 PM
MAL
Veteran

NICE!

.....wait, these are $400?????

NOT NICE!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page