Help! ABS Light is on - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-29-2017, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

Help! ABS Light is on

I recently had to replace the electronic speedo dash on my 2013 Ninja 300 EX. The face was cracked and water leaked in and shorted out the original. I replaced it with a used one I got off of Ebay. The bike where the used one came from must of had ABS because the ABS light stays on all the time now and my bike does not have ABS. Does anyone know how to trick the system so I can get the light to go off?
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 10:27 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabriksukucadang View Post
Your ABS Light Stays On? 7 Reasons And How To Fix Them :

7. The Not-Deep-Enough Emergency Brake
Another reason causing ABS light stays on is the emergency brake. In some cases the emergency brake wonít go down far enough, keeping the light on, although you donít actually apply the brakes.

The emergency brake doesnít work on the same system like the main brake line, but when the main lines fail, the emergency brake (which is in working condition) can still be applied instead. Also in with steep driving terrain, the E-brake can be applied as a preventative measure. However, if you donít shut off the handle precisely, the light will get stuck on.

So when your ABS light wonít go off, be sure to check whether your emergency brake is in the correct down position or not. Adjust it a few times and see if the ABS light turns off.
^^^This!

My emergency brake stuck on my Ninja and the ABS light never came on! I had to take it to the shop and they replaced the entire emergency brake system. It was still under warranty so it was free.

2018 Husqvarna Vitpilen 401
2016 CCM GP450
2015 Kawasaki Ninja 300
2014 Ural Gear Up
1994 Harley-Davidson FXSTS Springer Softtail
1991 Harley-Davidson XLH Hugger 883
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 02:58 AM
Veteran

Garage
Where does a Ninja 300 have emergency Brakes???

tricking the ABS light to switch off is tricky and will have to check with some track rider

T&R,
Lemuel Dias

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page