Insurance Question for New Ninja - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By mrzepka

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 01:37 AM Thread Starter

Insurance Question for New Ninja

Hi everyone,

I am buying a new ninja 300 in a couple of weeks and am looking for insurance quotes. Geico is offering me a premium of $225 for basic liability and theft, vandalism, etc. Since I am new to riding a sportbike, I was wondering if you guys would suggest anything else that is essential that I should add that needs to be covered. I am trying to find the cheapest deal and am not looking to pay more than $500 a year. I've been riding a honda grom the past three years and have been lucky enough to have had no accidents and don't plan on changing my riding style too much with my new bike. Any suggestions? Thank you.
Gawernator likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 03:21 AM
Veteran

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrzepka View Post
Hi everyone,

I am buying a new ninja 300 in a couple of weeks and am looking for insurance quotes. Geico is offering me a premium of $225 for basic liability and theft, vandalism, etc. Since I am new to riding a sportbike, I was wondering if you guys would suggest anything else that is essential that I should add that needs to be covered. I am trying to find the cheapest deal and am not looking to pay more than $500 a year. I've been riding a honda grom the past three years and have been lucky enough to have had no accidents and don't plan on changing my riding style too much with my new bike. Any suggestions? Thank you.
try state farm
reasonable i pay $70/month , 100 deduction both

Leo Vince Gp Corsa Slipon , Zero Gravity Corsa windshield
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 09:30 AM
Seasoned Vet

Progressive is cheapest in my area.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 09:12 PM

Garage
nationwide 74 $$ a month full coverage in tn michael

WORM
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-2017, 04:01 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1uglybastard View Post
Progressive is cheapest in my area.
Same here. We have auto with Geico (3 cars) and they were several hundred more per year than Progressive.

Vehicles:

'15 Ninja 300 w/ TechSpec Tank Grips, Double bubble windscreen, reflective white rim tape, & Musarri Slip-on (sold)
'06 CBR F4i w/ nothing, i.e. pure stock... for now
'99 Tacoma w/ requisite frame rust
A tastefully modded '05 Forester XT - Gone, but not forgotten!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 01:24 PM

Garage
Progressive all the way for me too.....I have a clean record and I also have my 2014 Jeep Patriot on the same policy and I was just going to get liability but for the price my agent quoted me it was a no brainer to get full coverage.
I get full coverage with the basic minimum amounts on everything with $1,000 deductible and it costs me $93 a year......The liability quote was $75 a year......And yes you read that correctly I said a year not per month!

2014 Kawa N300 Non-ABS
DanMoto Slip-on - ZG Sport Touring
Techspec tank & knee pads
Yosh rear fender kit - K&N filter
40T Sprocket - Gear indicator
Gel grips
Osram night racers

"To err is human,to purr is divine!"
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 02:19 PM
Seasoned Vet

i have multi bike policy with progressive and the liability for my ninja was around $39/year before i sold it. even if it was my sole bike, it would still only be around $50/yr.

Last edited by 1uglybastard; 06-06-2017 at 02:41 PM.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 06:10 PM
Forum Champion

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrzepka View Post
Hi everyone,

I have 3 motorcycles, our Jeep, and our home insured with Geico. So, I get a bit of discount for having multiple policies. With a clean driving record, I pay $195/year for full coverage on the 300 with a $250 deductible for both collision and comprehensive. I used to have everything with Progressive, but Geico was by far cheaper for us.

It's a girl on a bike...it's Rogue!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Twitter: @Rogue_300
Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Instagram: Rogue_300

Do you rock it?

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 05:16 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I will continue to look around. Much appreciated.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page