Vortex Clipons Help! - Page 2 - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-27-2017, 10:10 PM
Seasoned Vet

NOT SAFE! Killer deal might be right. Not much of a deal if they aren't safe. Buy the proper clip-ons.
1uglybastard and Gawernator like this.

Mods: Nelson-Rigg cl-2020 tank bag, Driven clip-ons 10 degrees, Pirelli Diablo Rosso II now Michelin Pilot street radial tires stock sizes, 2006 GSXR600r rear shock, sag front and rear set, mirror extenders, rear seat cowl, Flo reusable oil filter, Green shorty levers, EBC HH Pads, Galfer braided front brake line,Motul brake fluid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-30-2017, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

After reading your guys' comments I have taken them off and will instead buy the Woodcraft/Driven clipons. With that said, which of the two is preferred?
Also, does anybody want to buy a pair of Vortex 37mm 7 degree clipons? lol.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-31-2017, 09:57 AM
Seasoned Vet

I have Apex clipons on my CBR. They're adjustable in every way possible.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 03:33 AM
Veteran

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javy View Post
these are mines also turn a little the brake line
nice clip on

Leo Vince Gp Corsa Slipon , Zero Gravity Corsa windshield
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 02:04 PM
Seasoned Vet

Garage
Those are the right clip ons for your bike but they are designed for track use and you don't have the bike setup for that. The Woodcraft with risers will do what you want.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Racing AFM #725
Thanks to my 2017 Sponsors:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
| Armour Bodies |
|
|
| Forcefield Armor |
|
| Incipio/Incase |
|
| Matrix Racing Concepts | ODI Grips | OGIO | Outlaw Racing/Pit Posse Motorsports | Shorai Inc. |
|
|

post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 11:39 PM Thread Starter

To make these work I would have to lower the front forks, but to keep the geometry even couldn't I just lower the rear by about an inch or so? Just curious as to what the proper setup would have to be.
Gawernator likes this.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-03-2017, 04:54 AM
Seasoned Vet

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytonads View Post
To make these work I would have to lower the front forks, but to keep the geometry even couldn't I just lower the rear by about an inch or so? Just curious as to what the proper setup would have to be.
You don't want to lower the rear, usually race bikes have the forks lowered and the rear raised, like on my race 250

Racing AFM #725
Thanks to my 2017 Sponsors:

|
| Armour Bodies |
|
|
| Forcefield Armor |
|
| Incipio/Incase |
|
| Matrix Racing Concepts | ODI Grips | OGIO | Outlaw Racing/Pit Posse Motorsports | Shorai Inc. |
|
|

post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-04-2017, 01:22 AM Thread Starter

If nobody snatches these up, I might try to mount them again by lowering the front. Could I then just buy some raising links to bring up the rear to compensate for loss in height in the front? I plan on doing a GSXR shock swap soon and I've heard that it lowers the rear a bit so I'll likely buy them anyways.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 02:47 AM
Seasoned Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytonads View Post
If nobody snatches these up, I might try to mount them again by lowering the front. Could I then just buy some raising links to bring up the rear to compensate for loss in height in the front? I plan on doing a GSXR shock swap soon and I've heard that it lowers the rear a bit so I'll likely buy them anyways.
Are you going to swap the rear(swingarm) too?

Javy and knives like this.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 10:38 PM Thread Starter

That looks pretty sweet! Is that off an r6? And those forks too?? Either way, I don't think I would go quite that far though that bike looks sick!
With that said, is there a thread about a swingarm swap?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page