Bye bye 300 - Page 2 - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 11:23 PM
Seasoned Vet

Right about the 600 not being that fast in town until you get the upper power band. The 1000 though has a 2nd lower power band and the upper power band is crazy. Long gears too. I liked to hit the entrance ramp in 4th and open up the throttle...checking very carefully first. It's like a rocket once you hit 10000 rpms, but you will zip past 70 mph and find yourself at 110 very quickly...and you better be holding on when you open the throttle. I miss my liter Gixxer, but I don't trust myself to keep it under control. Mine had a slipper clutch but no traction control, abs, or modes, so whiskey throttle or flying off the back if you aren't ready for it, are real possibilities. The 600 is much more tame...has fast top speed though. I don't think anyone who rides a 300 would have any problem handling a 600....1000 maybe.
Gawernator likes this.
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennethJohnson View Post
After having a year of so much fun on my 300 I parted ways....

Later guys it was cool =]

New bike time...

https://www.kawasakininja300.com/foru...=97905&thumb=1

https://www.kawasakininja300.com/foru...=97913&thumb=1
Show off... lol!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 01:41 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoAteMySoup View Post
Looks like your Ninja 300 had clip ons, and I am guessing rear sets. How does the Gixxer compare to that? Is it noticeably harder on your back, are you constantly hunched over?
Haha my legs feel better but the back does get stiffer.
You're more stretched out leaning more forward of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawernator View Post
Jeans sneakers and no gloves on a GSXR... I guess we know how this story ends lol
I gave my gloves away with the old bike. I actually bought new ones the day after I got the bike lol.
However yep, jeans and sneaker man hahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotBarrs View Post
Very nice choice. Keep that GSXR in B-mode until you get used to her. Surprising power when you've got the whole engine working in A-mode. I do, however, think that the GSXR 600 is the smoothest ride out of all the middleweights. Daytona comes in a close second though.
I leave it in factory mode, it's neither A or B. Or I think that's called factory mode? Or neutral?
From my understand the difference in modes just regulates air flow and the fuel injectors but I have to read which mode does what haha.

If it has tits or tires it's going to give you a bad time.

2015 Ninja 300
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix SE
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 03:05 AM
Forum Champion

Thanked 2,083 Times in 1,354 Posts
Garage
Congrats on the new bike!
KennethJohnson likes this.

Spacep0d's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!

2013 Triumph Daytona 675R
Austin Racing V3 Titanium exhaust, professionally-shaved seat, T-Rex sliders, Pazzo shorty levers, Tech Spec tank grips, tail tidy, Watsen marker lights, Pirelli Diablo Rosso III tires. Only 23 lbs. heavier than the 300!
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 10:07 AM
Seasoned Vet

Garage
Ankle injuries are no joke

Racing AFM #725
Thanks to my 2017 Sponsors:

|
| Armour Bodies |
|
|
| Forcefield Armor |
|
| Incipio/Incase |
|
| Matrix Racing Concepts | ODI Grips | OGIO | Outlaw Racing/Pit Posse Motorsports | Shorai Inc. |
|
|

post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-03-2016, 11:23 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkw12002 View Post
I just sold my 2015 Gixxer 600 and that replaced my 2011 Gixxer 1000. I love those bikes. Watch your speeding tickets though. I sold my 600 after getting a $575 fine and 4 points on my license. That's when the 300s started looking better to me. It is very hard to resist going for that burst of speed....and finding yourself going 90 mph. The digital speedo on the 1000 moved so fast you couldn't read the speed until you let off the throttle. Surprise...you're going 130 mph. Great fun though. I've always had great luck with Suzukis.
How fast were you going for that ticket?

Also, is the difference between a 1000 and a 600 a bigger difference than between a 600 and 300? (I'm talking feel-wise, obviously the engines aren't linear)

Sent from my SM-N910V

2015 Ninja 300 SE
Akrapovic CF Slip-on, Driven Clip-ons 37mm, Yoshimura Rearset Brackets, Motodynamic Integrated Tail Light
New rider, have no idea what I am doing.
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-04-2016, 11:46 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Very nice choice. Keep that GSXR in B-mode until you get used to her. Surprising power when you've got the whole engine working in A-mode. I do, however, think that the GSXR 600 is the smoothest ride out of all the middleweights. Daytona comes in a close second though.
i was reading the daytona is easier to touch the ground because its more narrow it this true over the gsxr and other jap 600 bikes?
igotBarrs likes this.
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-04-2016, 09:42 PM
Veteran

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondagrom+300 View Post
i was reading the daytona is easier to touch the ground because its more narrow it this true over the gsxr and other jap 600 bikes?
It's all a matter of opinion. Complete package though? I would vote the GSXR. Beginner and vet friendly. If you can get over the looks of the cyclops eye up front...the suzuki is a complete bike. Research it and you will see what im talking about. Of course I'm referring to the 600 and 750 class. That liter class is a whole different story.

K&N Air Filter. TST Fender Eliminator, Pod Signals, and Flasher Relay. Front Reflector Delete. Taylor 33 Rim Tape Reflectors. TechSpec Snakeskin Gripster Tank Grips. T-Rex Frame Sliders. T-Rex Rear Slider/Spools. (more to come...stay tuned)

Last edited by igotBarrs; 09-04-2016 at 09:47 PM.
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-05-2016, 02:12 PM
Veteran

Quote:
It's all a matter of opinion. Complete package though? I would vote the GSXR. Beginner and vet friendly. If you can get over the looks of the cyclops eye up front...the suzuki is a complete bike. Research it and you will see what im talking about. Of course I'm referring to the 600 and 750 class. That liter class is a whole different story.
Thats the bike i really wanted to upgrade too the gsxr 600 and the Lights up front never bothered me. But after researching cbr600rr and zx6r im starting to like those even more than the gsxr lol.Im going to buy used dont think i would be able to get a new current model. Im looking at a 2007 zx6r a 2008 and 2012 cbr600rr and idk what year of gsxr to look for would you know which year gsxr would be best in regards to height and issues?
igotBarrs likes this.
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-05-2016, 03:00 PM
Veteran

Quote:
I would prefer a Cyclops eye over the assymetrical Kawasaki headlights, someone is always telling me my headlight is out and I have to explain its the high beam.

Out if the 600 class, is a gsxr gonna have the most aggressive riding position? I don't know whether to stick with kawi, or get an R6, cbr600rr, or gsxr600 for my next bike.

Sent from my SM-N910V
igotBarrs likes this.

2015 Ninja 300 SE
Akrapovic CF Slip-on, Driven Clip-ons 37mm, Yoshimura Rearset Brackets, Motodynamic Integrated Tail Light
New rider, have no idea what I am doing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page