Question about EX300 model - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-27-2016, 09:13 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Question about EX300 model

I have a question about the 2015 models, since there are two different ones.
1. AFS, AFSA (SE), BFS and BFSA (SE)
2. AFF, AFFA (SE), BFF and BFFA (SE)
For those who may wonder why I ask - it looks like that they are different in engines.
Thx for all answers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-27-2016, 10:51 AM
Seasoned Vet

Perhaps emission differences? I haven't read about any variances in the Ninja 300 engine.
Also,
https://www.kawasakininja300.com/foru...ml#post1460241
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-27-2016, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

@xorbe, thank you for your answer.
Yes the theme about emissions is a big part in the development and this requires modifications in engines and also in the setup of fuel- and ignition-management.
So if anybody says that nothing's changing what do you think is the truth about this?
Just do yourself a favor and search the web about the following: '2008, 2009, 2010 & 2011: What's the difference?'
Then read the answer from the moderator: 'Nothing of any consequence. Color schemes change each year....' this answer is embarrassing because saying anything like he does makes it look like that this guy has no clue about what's really going on.
A second answer to read is from the guy living in Japan: '...When I bought my bike (2011 FI Japanese model) the mechanic/dealer said that Kawasaki had made some changes/improvements to the engine, perhaps in compression or timing or some such (my Japanese isn't really good enough to follow technical mechanic speak and he was being vague anyway.) He specifically said that the changes were not reported to the public, just dealers....' and there you see the reality said.
In the automotive business it is highly usual that the development does NEVER stop, since there are always things which can and must be improved.
And to make it easier to understand, those who own a 2-fiddy from 2008 or 2009 have the better bike instead of those who got the 2011 or 2012, since the engines from the first have been the most powerful ones and also the first bikes have been lighter than the last ones. Never forget that emissions and power will not go together.
In case of the EX300 when you take a look into the parts-catalog on the Kawasaki website from Mexico than you can see that there are different valvesprings used, so what is the reason for this?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page