Not really new, just coming back :D - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-14-2019, 10:43 PM Thread Starter

Talking Not really new, just coming back :D

Hello everyone! I've been a member and a lurker since 2013, but went on hiatus right after my son was born and put my then new Ninja 300 away.

Years later, I now finally have some me time during the day when my son is at school, I dusted my Ninja, got her up to spec and started riding again! I realize now what I've been missing all these years! Where did this ear-to-ear grin come from

Oh yeah, what's this about a Ninja 400? Do I really need to buy this new bike? lol I kind of feel abandoned by Kawasaki, but I am happy that there is still this community of 300 riders.

I reside in the Bay Area, California and I used to ride to work almost everyday. Below is a picture of my girl when she was just a few miles old. She still looks the same and runs as peppy as ever!

Anyway, glad to be back on the saddle so-to-speak!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3639.jpg (168.1 KB, 12 views)
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-14-2019, 11:29 PM

Garage
That's one mighty fine clean machine you got there! Mine has a hole in the side, hehe.

Yep there's still plenty of us! TBH most people with small motor'd bikes still have their 300s, only one guy in my area opted for the 400, but I think that is because it was what was available. Hes the only guy I've seen around me at all with a 400 actually, then a Z400 or so here and there. Looks real nice, but if I had the cash, I would keep the 300 and put that cash into something else more meaningful to me. The 400 is better in just about every way than the 300, but not by a whole lot. So if that's what you want, then by all means, but I think I could get more smiles per mile out of 5K in gear, tires, upgrades, or money towards another bike.

Glad you came back to us.

-mike
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-15-2019, 10:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyMJ View Post
That's one mighty fine clean machine you got there! Mine has a hole in the side, hehe.

Yep there's still plenty of us! TBH most people with small motor'd bikes still have their 300s, only one guy in my area opted for the 400, but I think that is because it was what was available. Hes the only guy I've seen around me at all with a 400 actually, then a Z400 or so here and there. Looks real nice, but if I had the cash, I would keep the 300 and put that cash into something else more meaningful to me. The 400 is better in just about every way than the 300, but not by a whole lot. So if that's what you want, then by all means, but I think I could get more smiles per mile out of 5K in gear, tires, upgrades, or money towards another bike.

Glad you came back to us.

-mike
Thanks Mike!

I live near a community college and close to a main road, so I hear 300s go by once in a while. I can definitely tell that they are 300s because of the exhaust sound specially with aftermarket mufflers. So, there are still folks in my area who still have their 300s.

Yeah, I've spent quite a lot on my 300 all ready so it would be a waste to trade it in and get a 400 and start over with the mods.

I love that - more smiles per mile
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-16-2019, 06:14 AM
Veteran

Sounds like 2 lawnmowers in a close race....
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-16-2019, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennylxix View Post
Sounds like 2 lawnmowers in a close race....
Two great looking lawnmowers in a close race. hehe
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-16-2019, 02:11 PM
Seasoned Vet

After viewing the picture of your 300, it looks " NEW " to me.

As for getting a 400 ? Do not really think their is that much difference between the two bikes.

Personally, I would be saying to myself ........ Self why should I trade a NEW bike for another New bike. Put the extra dollars into a few accessories.

MAY YOU LIVE AS LONG AS YOU WANT TO
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AND WANT TO AS LONG AS YOU LIVE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-16-2019, 02:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granpooba View Post
After viewing the picture of your 300, it looks " NEW " to me.

As for getting a 400 ? Do not really think their is that much difference between the two bikes.

Personally, I would be saying to myself ........ Self why should I trade a NEW bike for another New bike. Put the extra dollars into a few accessories.
Hi Granpooba,

Yes, she still looks and runs great since she's been just covered and garaged away from the elements.

I was thinking of more power on the freeway with the 400, but then again I never really struggled while on the freeway. Maybe I should test drive one just for the heck of it. I also feel abandoned by Kawasaki by no longer offering the 300 here in the US. I guess they are busy playing leap frog with the other companies who also put out the competing small displacement bikes.

That's exactly what I said to myself, now why would I spend more money specially with all the mods I have all ready done to the 300? That means starting new with a 400 and spending more money to upgrade it. Not worth it for a few more horses.

Anyway, I am completely happy with my bike and hope to ride it more, even during the winter here in California. I am also looking forward to a full summer next year.

Cheers!

Last edited by NoDoze; 11-16-2019 at 02:28 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page