New Member from South Florida - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum
 2Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 09:08 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Gmelody14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New Member from South Florida

Hey guys BRAND new rider....just got my first bike yesterday and I'm crazy excited to get riding and start working on it....I've come to this page for a while now as I was doing research about the ninja 300, and all google results pointed here lol...cant wait to meet some people and learn about the 300!


2014 Ninja 300 ABS Special Edition
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191013_124749_1571400452262.jpg (938.7 KB, 8 views)
Gmelody14 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 09:20 AM
Veteran
 
Kennylxix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 248
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Congrats. Have you done the MSF course yet?
Make sure you get and wear full gear and have fun!!
jkv45 likes this.
Kennylxix is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 07:32 PM
Seasoned Vet
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: At home with my wife and two parrots.
Posts: 520
Thanks: 2
Thanked 20 Times in 20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmelody14 View Post
Hey guys BRAND new rider....just got my first bike yesterday and I'm crazy excited to get riding and start working on it....I've come to this page for a while now as I was doing research about the ninja 300, and all google results pointed here lol...cant wait to meet some people and learn about the 300!


2014 Ninja 300 ABS Special Edition
and enjoy.

MAY YOU LIVE AS LONG AS YOU WANT TO
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AND WANT TO AS LONG AS YOU LIVE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Granpooba is online now  
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 10:06 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Gmelody14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennylxix View Post
Congrats. Have you done the MSF course yet?
Make sure you get and wear full gear and have fun!!
thank you and not yet I'm going this weekend...classes get sold out pretty quick since theres only 2 companies that offer it in my area
jkv45 likes this.
Gmelody14 is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 10:54 AM
Veteran
 
Kennylxix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 248
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Gotcha. I had been riding for years before I finally got my endorsement. I didn't think I'd learn anything but it was surprisingly informative.
Kennylxix is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 02:47 PM
Veteran
 
Topaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: South Florida
Posts: 333
Thanks: 17
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennylxix View Post
Gotcha. I had been riding for years before I finally got my endorsement. I didn't think I'd learn anything but it was surprisingly informative.
LOL Same here! I had been riding for twenty years when I went to get my endorsement in US and found myself pushing a 150cc bike neutral in in a parking lot under a 90 degrees sun covered with long sleeves, long pants, helmet and boots over the ankle and wondering if it was worth.

By end of the two days, I knew that NOT, it wasn't worth, but it was fun anyways. I always try to keep a positive attitude and open mind. And I walked away with some stuff that I didn't know, especially about accidents and how to try to avoid them.

It also frustrated me that there were more than one person that were clearly not in good control of the bike and they got the license anyway. I guess they finished learning by themselves in public roads.


I guess a smarter approach would be that the DMV just test you, not train you, and you train yourself the way you want.
Topaz is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 05:56 PM
Seasoned Vet
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: At home with my wife and two parrots.
Posts: 520
Thanks: 2
Thanked 20 Times in 20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
LOL Same here! I had been riding for twenty years when I went to get my endorsement in US and found myself pushing a 150cc bike neutral in in a parking lot under a 90 degrees sun covered with long sleeves, long pants, helmet and boots over the ankle and wondering if it was worth.

By end of the two days, I knew that NOT, it wasn't worth, but it was fun anyways. I always try to keep a positive attitude and open mind. And I walked away with some stuff that I didn't know, especially about accidents and how to try to avoid them.

It also frustrated me that there were more than one person that were clearly not in good control of the bike and they got the license anyway. I guess they finished learning by themselves in public roads.


I guess a smarter approach would be that the DMV just test you, not train you, and you train yourself the way you want.
Observing drivers and bikers these day it is quite obvious that they are in desperate need of training. It does not take Nuclear Scientist to figure out that they have not been trained and even if they were, they failed the course !

Maybe that is why just to protect myself I take a Safety Driving course every three years. And the new SUV I just purchased, I was sure that it had every safety accessory known to man.

MAY YOU LIVE AS LONG AS YOU WANT TO
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AND WANT TO AS LONG AS YOU LIVE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Granpooba is online now  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 07:05 PM
Veteran
 
Kennylxix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 248
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Interesting. We have to take a pretty decent little riding test at the end of my MSF. It would have been hard for someone not in control of their bike to pass it.
Kennylxix is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 11:32 PM
Seasoned Vet
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: At home with my wife and two parrots.
Posts: 520
Thanks: 2
Thanked 20 Times in 20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennylxix View Post
Interesting. We have to take a pretty decent little riding test at the end of my MSF. It would have been hard for someone not in control of their bike to pass it.
It is just to bad people can not learn road manners, common courtesy and respect for other motor vehicle operators.

But then again, I think all the mentioned good traits are taught while growing up. Which a lot of parents are not teaching their children in today's world.

Anybody can be taught to ride a motorcycle or drive a vehicle and pass a test. But how do you teach them to be good, courteous drivers with proper road manners. Do not think that I will be able to figure this one out in my lifetime.

Locally we just had an incident, where a driver was radar clocked at 90 MPH while going thru a 55 MPH " construction " zone. Naturally the state police pursued. This driver who passed a " Motor Vehicle Drivers Test " then struck and killed another motorist while trying to exit the highway at " 133 MPH ".

You just can not teach common sense.

Sad to say, we have gotten Thus, lets get back to something more in the light heart category.

MAY YOU LIVE AS LONG AS YOU WANT TO
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AND WANT TO AS LONG AS YOU LIVE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Granpooba; 10-20-2019 at 11:47 PM.
Granpooba is online now  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 01:11 PM
Forum Champion
 
Rogue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Central Iowa, USA
Posts: 2,484
Thanks: 314
Thanked 958 Times in 703 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennylxix View Post
Interesting. We have to take a pretty decent little riding test at the end of my MSF. It would have been hard for someone not in control of their bike to pass it.
sta
The MSF courses are designed to make it easier to pass. Then you have to go to the DMV (or state DOT depending on where you live) to take the written exam and get your endorsement. I like to tell folks that passing the MSF course makes you fully qualified to ride a motorcycle.... around a parking lot. I think it's definitely worth it and a great way to get some decent foundation skills to build on, but it by no means makes anyone qualified to hit the streets.

It's a girl on a bike...it's Rogue!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Twitter: @Rogue_300
Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Instagram: Rogue_300

Do you rock it?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rogue is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
South Florida Dealership Recommendations? Crafty Jawa New Rider Section 7 10-26-2014 09:27 PM
Vroom from SoFlo! (South Florida) lobitaa New Members Introduction 2 05-31-2014 10:09 AM
New rider in Davie, FL (Ft. Lauderdale/Miami/South Florida region) bluesdance New Members Introduction 7 04-23-2014 10:34 PM
Greetings from the South (South Carolina) Tomatogrower New Members Introduction 9 03-25-2014 08:01 AM
New member from south Florida chicoboy954 New Members Introduction 20 02-02-2014 10:08 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome