New rider in MA - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

New rider in MA

Hey all! Massachusetts here (well I moved here from NY) got my first bike 2015 EX300 ABS and promptly crashed it, thankfully it wasn’t damaged seeing as the foot peg went thru my leg and into the next vehicle! Fast forward 8 months I’m walking and (after the MSF course) riding again but this time correctly. Things done: shorty, phone holder/charger, double bubble, passenger delete, headlights and reflective rim tape. Next up rearset, fender elimination and clear integrated tail light , clip ons, radiator/header guard, and filters... anyone have a recommendation regarding the rear sets or clip ons? I would greatly appreciate any input before I throw down a wad of cash on said parts... anyways be well, ride safe! -Z
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 11:34 PM Thread Starter

This is her last week
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A846A078-5F03-45E6-9BF5-49E716EF295D_1556508799062.jpg (150.8 KB, 6 views)
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 01:26 AM

Garage
Welcome and sorry to hear about your accident. I'm just over the border in southern NH. I also have a youtube channel that may help you out on the rear set questions.

-Tom

Check out my YouTube Channel @
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 09:24 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwara View Post
Hey all! Massachusetts here (well I moved here from NY) got my first bike 2015 EX300 ABS and promptly crashed it, thankfully it wasnít damaged seeing as the foot peg went thru my leg and into the next vehicle! Fast forward 8 months Iím walking and (after the MSF course) riding again but this time correctly. Things done: shorty, phone holder/charger, double bubble, passenger delete, headlights and reflective rim tape. Next up rearset, fender elimination and clear integrated tail light , clip ons, radiator/header guard, and filters... anyone have a recommendation regarding the rear sets or clip ons? I would greatly appreciate any input before I throw down a wad of cash on said parts... anyways be well, ride safe! -Z

Yea , I have a suggestion Get rid of the phone holder / charger. PERSONALLY, I am sick and tired of seeing people in cars and on bikes trying to operate the vehicles and talk / chat / text on a phone at the same time.
I do not choose to be endangered by such idiots . SIMPLE, SIMPLE
MAL and voldotaki like this.

MAY YOU LIVE AS LONG AS YOU WANT TO
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AND WANT TO AS LONG AS YOU LIVE

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 11:45 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granpooba View Post
PERSONALLY, I am sick and tired of seeing people in cars and on bikes trying to operate the vehicles and talk / chat / text on a phone at the same time.
Yeah, there are a number of red flags in Zwara's first statement. MSF course, very good, shoulda done that first tho

The fewer distractions the better is my motto!
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 09:23 PM
MAL
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granpooba View Post
Get rid of the phone holder / charger.

Well, the phone holder could be for the sole purpose of using the GPS function. Problem is, once installed the temptation to text/phone/browse is just too great.

I purchased a phone holder for the 300.....and thought: what am I thinking???
Never installed it on the motorbike, but it went into the tractor instead!
I always take my phone with me, but it's in the rear bag, and I enjoy riding just fine without it!

The first 12 seconds of this video is all you need to watch:

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 11:45 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
Well, the phone holder could be for the sole purpose of using the GPS function. Problem is, once installed the temptation to text/phone/browse is just too great.

I purchased a phone holder for the 300.....and thought: what am I thinking???
Never installed it on the motorbike, but it went into the tractor instead!
I always take my phone with me, but it's in the rear bag, and I enjoy riding just fine without it!

The first 12 seconds of this video is all you need to watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bVCfCW1y8I

Mainly for those that feel they need GPS on their bikes.

First try learning to READ ROAD MAPS & HIGHWAY SIGNS

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 04:52 PM

Garage
I have one on my triple tree for GPS. Holding a road map while riding seems a bit more dangerous to me...
Rogue likes this.

-Tom

Check out my YouTube Channel @
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 05:30 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrialNError View Post
I have one on my triple tree for GPS. Holding a road map while riding seems a bit more dangerous to me...

Most normal people would not try holding and reading a map while riding.

Most normal people would look at a map and plan their route, before setting off on a ride.

Does that answer your question.

But then again, in todays technical world, most people would be lost if they even stepped out of their front door, without their phone / GPS glued to their hand.

Last edited by Granpooba; 04-30-2019 at 05:40 PM.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 07:11 PM
Veteran

using GPS is a generational thing. I'm a sales manager in a healthcare company and all my reps under 35 can't drive anywhere without their phone in its mount on the dash with their GPS turned on. I don't get it..but nothing we do is going to alter their behavior. Look at a map prior to going somewhere? They'll just look at you and laugh.

I'm over 50 and recently put a Ram mount on my bike for the sole purpose of using GPS when I take a few road trips this summer. I'll be taking a lot of strange (to me) 2 lane highways and will need GPS to make my way.

I would never consider touching my phone when I'm riding..never.

2014 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page