• 4 Post By Devinaz1979
  • 1 Post By MAL
  • 1 Post By iahawk
  • 3 Post By Rookie28

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

New rider & owner in AZ

Hey all!

I'm in Phoenix, AZ. Happy to see this forum. I got my black Ninja 300 ABS last Thursday after finishing my MSF class. So far it's been a scary but exhilarating experience. So far I've been practicing along an isolated straightaway behind my place, just trying to get my comfort level up at those speeds! Intersections still freak me out, but I'm working on it.

Cheers!
MAL, Rookie28, ashank975 and 1 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 07:53 AM
MAL
Veteran

Welcome to the forum.

Looks like you have a realistic and healthy grasp on the experience: kudos!

Practice make perfect.

I took the MSF with the 300 and struggled with the slow, fiddly stuff. So before my MSF course I practiced riding slow. That was the hardest part for me: the figure-8 "test".

With practice it got better and easier...
Devinaz1979 likes this.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 09:12 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devinaz1979 View Post
Hey all!

I'm in Phoenix, AZ. Happy to see this forum. I got my black Ninja 300 ABS last Thursday after finishing my MSF class. So far it's been a scary but exhilarating experience. So far I've been practicing along an isolated straightaway behind my place, just trying to get my comfort level up at those speeds! Intersections still freak me out, but I'm working on it.

Cheers!

Do not let intersections freak you out.

All the other riders / drivers are either texting or chatting on their phones, thus they will not even notice you. Just close your eyes, give it the gas and you will make it thru OK.

MAY YOU LIVE AS LONG AS YOU WANT TO
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AND WANT TO AS LONG AS YOU LIVE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 09:25 AM
Veteran

I was just over on the Ninja 400 forum and a new rider posted about his favorite youtube channel, Motojitsu. It's one of my favorites, too. Fast Eddie does a fantastic job of teaching correct riding skills and he stresses the importance of practice, practice, practice!

If you're new to riding (or even a veteran rider) it's definitely worth checking out.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0F...9GwRHUsuBjM0jA
Devinaz1979 likes this.

2014 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 02:15 PM

Welcome to the forum and riding!

Few tips for riding in AZ during summer:

Stay hydrated - carry water with you and hydrate when stopping for fuel, break, etc. cramping isn’t fun.

Wear riding gear - believe or not, wearing gear keeps you cooler than just wearing shirt, shorts, and flip flops.

I commute from Chandler to Phx daily, so we’ll probably ride by each other at some point. Be safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page