Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1" handle bar risers - Black Path

49K views 100 replies 39 participants last post by  Kennylxix 
#1 · (Edited)
Just dropped on 1 inch handle bar risers by "black path" they are from the USA, you can pick them up off ebay , search on "ninja 300 bar riser"

took the bike for a 20 minute ride after fitting them and wow... big difference, im really impressed. it most definitely with out any shadow of a doubt feels like a sports tourer now...yippie!

if you like it press the thanks button in the lower right corner

edit- Spent a few hours this evening riding round town & wow, what difference these make, awesome stuff, its so much more comfortable to ride now

page 2-8 service manual - handle bar mounting bolts - 25Nm - 18 ft-lb

read further down on how to get a discount

Attachments

See less See more
3 1
#4 ·
Roaring Toyz 1 inch risers

I am 6ft & installed the Roaring Toyz 1 inch risers. (took 10 minutes) and I could not be happier! It also extends the reach 1/2 inch wider.
I love them & my riding angle is perfect!
I recommend anyone to try these & if you do not like them then not much $ wasted

#11 ·
For those of you who want to buy these, i emailed the guys in the USA selling these & showed them a link to this page & asked if we could get a discount or something for us all, and here is the reply i got

Hi again. Thanks so much for providing that for me. It's great to see customers enjoying our products. I could possible do some type of discounted rate for forum members, but the orders would have to be placed over the phone as I'm not able to modify the prices on the eBay listings. If you ever decide to, or if anyone asks, feel free to give us a call at 773-413-8444. Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions. Thanks again, and have a great day.

- fast-intentions

#12 ·
cruizin: did you notice any difference in vibration with these risers?

I installed them today and went out for a ride and there was noticeably more vibration. So much that after riding my hands were shaking lol

I torqued everything spec and couldn't think of what could have gone wrong. I'm going to try undoing them tomorrow to see whether the vibration goes away.

#15 ·
you could get the front wheel balance checked. seems odd your getting vibration with the bar risers fitted.you could also try getting an old car tube and trim a piece so that the tube sits on top of the triple clamp first, then put the bar riser & then bolt it all down & see if that helps

#16 ·
I took the bike with no risers out for a normal freeway ride and it was much better. At this point I looks like I won't be able to use the risers sadly, because it's really much easier on my back with the more upright position :(

It's possible that it's due to my rising position. With no risers, I guess I grip the handlebar more with my palm which has more cushion from the gloves. With risers, perhaps I grip it more with my fingers which is more susceptible to vibrations. Not sure, just speculating here.

Another thing I noticed is that, with risers, the front brake line is 100% tight with full lock to the left, and generally quite tight. Bare in mind I have the SE ABS model which has different brake line setup than stock. Again, no conclusive answer here but just guessing.

#19 ·
Another thing I noticed is that, with risers, the front brake line is 100% tight with full lock to the left, and generally quite tight. Bare in mind I have the SE ABS model which has different brake line setup than stock. Again, no conclusive answer here but just guessing.

i figured out why your brake line is 100% tight and mine is not

the brake line your talking about is the line from the master cylinder back down over the forks to the junction on the frame

mine is *NOT* tight & i bet i know the reason why mine is not tight & yours is

if you look at the frame at the front of the bike where the triple clamp is, and the wires/hoses go back thru a small metal rectangular loop. that loop is what is causing your brake like to go tight.

on mine the metal loop is pressed back pretty close to the frame and the brake line doesnt hit it

im willing to place bets that your metal loop is sitting out further then mine and the brake line is getting taught over it when pulled to the left

if your not sure what im typing, please say so & i will make a small video & show you what im on about

#20 ·
cruizin let us know if u plan on doing a group by on this forum. im interested in it

#23 ·
Sammy5001 i reckon i know a nice easy way to fix it.

take a piece of wood say 1 inch square & a bit of rag. put the rag over the top plastic fairing so the wood comes in at an angle and presses against the steel loop. rest the wood on the rag to get the angle lower & very carefully tap the wood with the hammer.

it will bend the steel loop in a little. keep going untill the loop is in enough to take the tension off the brake hose.
the rag is to stop the fairing getting scratched

#25 ·
bugger that too much hard work.if you lived close by i would give you my address & get you to drop by i have the right gear in my shed to do it.

the rag on the fairing is imperative to not scratch it and gentle "love taps" with the hammer, dont want the hammer to bounce off the wood & hit the fairing but it can be done, im willing to bet on it

#26 ·
Thanks for that post I wanted to raise my bars up a bit also ( not lower the bike ) so I just ordered some based on your review of how you like it afterwards cruizin. I ordered mine though from here. http://www.slingshotracing.net/cata...words=ninja+300+riser&search_in_description=1
The risers don't have white writing on them I like it without the writing and it was a couple of bucks cheaper on the parts and a couple of bucks cheaper on shipping and they said two day shipping.
Now I wonder if I should install them before I take my bike in for its 600 mile service. They might try to say its a mod that effects your warranty but then when they check cable adjustments it would all ready be on and they could make sure everything was as it should be.

#27 · (Edited)
my risers dont have any writing on them at all.the first photo in the first post shows writing on them, but those are the decals that come with them you can stick them to anything you like.

infact if you watch the first video you see there is no stickers on the bar risers, they come black out of the box with no writing

i cant see how these handle bar risers can affect your warranty, i put handle bar risers on my vfr800 & k1200RS and never affected warranty so im stuffed if i know how they can affect warranty on the 300

just about any bike you can think of can have the handle bars raised by 1 inch with no dramas. motorcycle manufacturers add a few extra inches to cable lengths to be on the safe side anyhow

#28 ·
I was just thinking how some dealerships will try any excuse to get out of what would be a warranty repair. Using excuses like " well you altered the steering of the bike that's the reason your cable broke or some such lame excuse like that. Anyways think, even though its a extremely simple job to put them on, that since I have to be at the dealer for my 600 service next week might as well let them install it. Wont have to worry about stuck bolts that way and rerouting if needed a cable. lol

#29 ·
no need to reroute cables, besides you cant anyhow as they go back thru a rectangular steel bracket. undo the 8mm bolts with a long breaker bar and your all good.pitty you live on the other side of the planet or i would tell you to bring the bike round and i will give you a hand get it done

#30 ·
Risers all installed 15 minutes. Now looking at it I think maybe the people that have to reroute the cable are the ones who have abs and that extra cable? Just a thought. All cables seem fine, although the clutch cable is "close " to being to tight I think its fine. Bars turn lock to lock no problems. Now on ward and up ward to the next forum suggested idea the 15t sprocket it comes in tomorrow :) got to love setting up a new bike to your own personal likes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.