Ninja 300 Fairing Repair Peel Region - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 10:54 AM Thread Starter

Ninja 300 Fairing Repair Peel Region

Hey Everyone,

Looking for the best way to go about fixing my bike after a slide. Was driving to work in downtown Toronto, got my front tire caught in those street car grooves and took a slide on the left side.

- Entire left fairing is scratched up.
- The shifting pedal was bent inwards, but a gentleman who stopped to help was able to pull that back out with a wrench.
- Small crack in the rear seat frame.

Initially it wouldn't start up at all, but eventually it did. I drove it around for a bit, shifted through gears, seems to be working fine. So thinking the damage is just superficial, although it did leak some fluid on to the road when it fell. Not sure what that was but nothing seems to be dripping.

Would it be best to take this to a shop for a quote and get the internals checked out or fix the fairing myself? Thinking it'll cost me somewhere above $500 if its just fairing repair and shift pedal repair. Probably will visit Rice Rocket if I do go to the shop. Has anyone else had a similar issue and what did you do to fix it?

Attached images of the damage.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PHOTO_20170512_083210.jpg (161.7 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg PHOTO_20170512_083228.jpg (146.7 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg PHOTO_20170512_083221.jpg (149.1 KB, 19 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 12:45 PM
Forum Champion

Garage
The "leaks" you described were most likely fuel dripping from the overflow tube that exits under the bike near the foot pegs. That's normal when the bike is on its side and absolutely nothing to worry about. Your antifreeze/coolant also has an overflow drain, so if you ever overfill it and that leaks, again, nothing to worry about.

You had me concerned when you said there was a crack in the rear seat frame; however, I see in the photo you're talking about the plastic piece, not the actual frame. Plastics are easy to deal with, a cracked frame is a whole other world that you don't want to get into because at that point, you're bike is almost always a complete write off.

All of this damage looks to be cosmetic. You have a few options:

1. Leave it as is and consider it a lesson learned.
  2. Touch up your existing plastics (they sell Kawasaki touch up kits that are color keyed to the bike and you find it with a simple Google search) and repair the cracked tail with epoxy.
  3. Order OEM replacements and put them on yourself - it's really not that difficult to pop the plastics off and there are loads of YouTube videos showing how to take them off and put them back on. This is actually your most expensive option because they aren't exactly cheap.
  4. Replace all the fairings with aftermarkets. An entire set of aftermarket fairings will be less than the cost of the OEM pieces you need.
If you're a relatively new or inexperienced rider, I would suggest you go with option 1 or 2 and think about the rest when you have more seat time. Also, watch out for those street car tracks and other road grooves, they'll send your world topsy turvy nearly every time - always approach any pavement gaps at as close to a 90 degree angle as possible.

It's a girl on a bike...it's Rogue!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Twitter: @Rogue_300
Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Instagram: Rogue_300

Do you rock it?

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 03:48 PM
Veteran

If you're looking for left fairing,

Not my post, but I remembered seeing it. So here you go.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-motorcycle-pa...nt=app_android

Price: $*150

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 08:01 PM

Garage
I picked up my 2014 SE and dropped it from the trailer slightly lol my right side has a small crack, since it only has 2 km on it i was considering buying a 400-500 set on ebay with tank cover. If I take this route I will have all my plastics for sale. What would you offer me for my set with a right side cracked slightly.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/172578172472?...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

the one I want is this one with the tank cover

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/112395967122?...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Is this a signature

Last edited by Metzger; 05-13-2017 at 09:42 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page