Need help contacting Kawasaki Canada HQ. - Page 2 - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-24-2015, 12:59 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferz940 View Post
I have wrote 2 letters to Jeff Comello the District Manager here in Canada, no responses to either of them... the next one I am going to include these pictures and a detailed report from a bike technician who inspected the motor.

What happened is when we were riding back home from Niagara Falls a bearing let go inside the motor/shaft..... and well from there it just ripped everything apart from the inside out since we were traveling at highway speeds...
Holy, making me think about the 300 I bought...

I'm guessing it's all under warranty right?

Ninja 300 - 2015
Hyperion H.I.D. High / Low Beam
Yoshimura Slip-On Exhaust

------

Watch my rides around Vancouver BC:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-24-2015, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay2x View Post
Holy, making me think about the 300 I bought...

I'm guessing it's all under warranty right?
nope warranty ended approx 22 days prior to this happening.... the Kawai tech basically looked at the motor saw the damage and was like ya we're not touching this... its out of warranty... and they dont sell/offer replacement motors...

so i asked... well what if this had happened 20-30 days ago while it was under warranty then? his response.... we would rebuild the motor... how in the hell do you rebuild a motor with holes in the case...and every single part busted internally.. i would not accept that as a warranty repair... i would expect a new engine which they dont have... or a new bike.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-24-2015, 01:20 PM

Garage
Quote:
nope warranty ended approx 22 days prior to this happening.... the Kawai tech basically looked at the motor saw the damage and was like ya we're not touching this... its out of warranty... and they dont sell/offer replacement motors...

so i asked... well what if this had happened 20-30 days ago while it was under warranty then? his response.... we would rebuild the motor... how in the hell do you rebuild a motor with holes in the case...and every single part busted internally.. i would not accept that as a warranty repair... i would expect a new engine which they dont have... or a new bike.

Ohh man... that's sucks..

I hope the dealer atleast helps you out with contacting HQ.

Ninja 300 - 2015
Hyperion H.I.D. High / Low Beam
Yoshimura Slip-On Exhaust

------

Watch my rides around Vancouver BC:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-24-2015, 01:27 PM Thread Starter

nope the mechanic had the HQ rep with him in the shop.... they wont touch it
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-01-2015, 09:09 AM Thread Starter

UPDATE - after 2 letters and some pictures I finally managed to get a response from Jeff Comello, well not Jeff but his team got back to me.

they have now changed their story and opinion of the bike issue after i filed a report on NHTSA about the bike and its possible defect....which could have easily caused some lives to be lost in the highway that night.

Turns out they want my bike back likely so they can investigate the possible cause im assuming and they offered me a "good will" engine replacement parts and labour covered.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-01-2015, 11:19 AM

Quote:
UPDATE - after 2 letters and some pictures I finally managed to get a response from Jeff Comello, well not Jeff but his team got back to me.

they have now changed their story and opinion of the bike issue after i filed a report on NHTSA about the bike and its possible defect....which could have easily caused some lives to be lost in the highway that night.

Turns out they want my bike back likely so they can investigate the possible cause im assuming and they offered me a "good will" engine replacement parts and labour covered.
Thanks for the infos; keep us informed with more updates please.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-02-2015, 09:48 AM Thread Starter

i did the parts lookup on their website... for the 80 parts that i know are broken for sure (not including parts i didn't see or know about...) the price is $5,326 USD not including taxes and labour rates..... lol

why would they want to spend that kind of time and money to completely build a new motor? it would be cheaper and easier to just give me a brand new bike no? o well just my thoughts... im dropping it off this weekend so we shall see what happens.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

another update - dropped the bike off yesterday for the dealership to do a full workup on what parts are needed to rebuild or make me a new motor basically.... they then are going to submit it to Kawai HQ and they will be providing the parts and paying the labour...

funny thing about it.... on my way out from dropping the bike off - another customer had dropped their bike off with the same complaint/issue!!! bearing went inside the motor the owner felt/heard it happen since he was just city driving around, so his motor wasn't a complete write of like mine is....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page