2015 Nova Scotia Ride - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-02-2014, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
Cool 2015 Nova Scotia Ride

Might as well start planning a big ride for the Maritimes next riding season. Who's in!?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-02-2014, 08:53 PM

Traveled from New York State to Nova Scotia once and to PEI once. One more time? Sure.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-02-2014, 11:56 PM
Veteran

Where does it start?

2015 Ninja 1000 ABS - Candy Fire Red
Traded in:Ninja 300 ABS Special Edition - Moondust Grey
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-04-2014, 06:31 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
would be awesome to get you up from NY! Toaster right at this point I'm just putting out some feelers to see how many people would be interested. I'd like to make up a list of contact emails for people so I can keep them updated as a group.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-09-2014, 06:48 AM
Veteran

Garage
Do you have a route in mind? I'm only an hour from you, are you thinking somewhere in our area?

All The Gear...All The Time!
Safety Is Not An Inconvenience, It's An Obligation
Proud "Mom" to Delilah, my 2014 Ninja 300
~Carolyn
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-09-2014, 07:58 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by spldbrt View Post
Do you have a route in mind? I'm only an hour from you, are you thinking somewhere in our area?
I don't really have a route in mind yet, your from the area so you'd understand that are sooo many different amazing routes to take around here.. I'd like to get some input on other people.. Do we want to go out and take over the trans canada? or ride hwy 4, cabot trail, or sun rise trail? Hey now that I'm thinking of it, your in Truro right? I know its done and over with now, but do you ever go to any of the Masstown Market rides on Tuesday nights? There usually turns out to be 30-40 bikes up there.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-09-2014, 07:59 PM
Veteran

Garage
I haven't been to them yet but it may be something to look into next season

For the ride how far are you looking to go? Cabot Trail is an over night trip if you go into Sydney. If you're looking for day trips the route they call the Little Cabot Trail (in at Sutherlands River and come out at the Causeway is beautiful, Parrsboro and up to Advocate is also a lovely ride. Anything on secondary roads is going to be a beautiful ride in our area but I would avoid the Trans Canada, it's just not a relaxing way to ride and you don't see much, IMO. I have an app called Best Bike Roads which is a route sharing app. Most of the routes we like to do I have uploaded to the site and you can find them under my username (same as here), there are lots of routes people have shared both in our area and world wide you don't need the app, you can also use the website.

All The Gear...All The Time!
Safety Is Not An Inconvenience, It's An Obligation
Proud "Mom" to Delilah, my 2014 Ninja 300
~Carolyn
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-10-2014, 06:50 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by spldbrt View Post
I haven't been to them yet but it may be something to look into next season

For the ride how far are you looking to go? Cabot Trail is an over night trip if you go into Sydney. If you're looking for day trips the route they call the Little Cabot Trail (in at Sutherlands River and come out at the Causeway is beautiful, Parrsboro and up to Advocate is also a lovely ride. Anything on secondary roads is going to be a beautiful ride in our area but I would avoid the Trans Canada, it's just not a relaxing way to ride and you don't see much, IMO. I have an app called Best Bike Roads which is a route sharing app. Most of the routes we like to do I have uploaded to the site and you can find them under my username (same as here), there are lots of routes people have shared both in our area and world wide you don't need the app, you can also use the website.
The length of the trip is something that will have to be worked out in time, I'd like to get other peoples input into what they would like to see take place. The more brains put into it, the better it will be. I haven't ridden the Cabot trail yet myself, but you are right that it would be an overnight trip. The little cabot trail is an amazing ride, I'd be happy with riding that. Another ride I really enjoy is heading up the Sunrise trail in the other direction, and crossing over to PEI via Confederation Bridge, then back down along PEI's coast and cross back over on the Ferry. PEI is really an amazing place to ride, I find cagers have a lot more respect for bikes over there as well. Or you could do the trip the other way around and take the ferry first, you'd save about $20.00 in crossing fees by doing it that way. Hopefully some more people jump on board here and give some ideas. Which route would you be interested in riding? I'm definitely really not interested in riding the trans canada. I usually only get on it if I'm heading a good distance and need to get there quick, the ninja gets a really good work out when I get a double lane hwy lol.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-10-2014, 12:00 PM

I'll be towing up from New York and staying for 6 or 7 days. Looking forward to a Canadian ride again. Our oldest son has recently become a legal resident. His lovely wife and their their two sons are citizens and the family lives in St. Catherines. I've ridden in NS and PEI but have not yet done Cape Breton. So, after this planned ride I'll tow out to Sydney and finally ride the Cabot trail - I ride my wife and I first planned in 1969 and remains on our bucket list. Time to get that one done.
The Following User Says Thank You to gtrider For This Useful Post:
spldbrt (11-12-2014)
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-11-2014, 08:18 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrider View Post
I'll be towing up from New York and staying for 6 or 7 days. Looking forward to a Canadian ride again. Our oldest son has recently become a legal resident. His lovely wife and their their two sons are citizens and the family lives in St. Catherines. I've ridden in NS and PEI but have not yet done Cape Breton. So, after this planned ride I'll tow out to Sydney and finally ride the Cabot trail - I ride my wife and I first planned in 1969 and remains on our bucket list. Time to get that one done.
Well the area that we are in is roughly 4 hours from the bottom of the Cabot trail. The route we have been discussing for the group ride would actually take us up to nearly right where you would want to be to start your trip around the Cabot Trail, depending on which direction you plan on traveling. I'm actually just getting my bike all ready to head out for a ride up part of the route today.. When I get home I'll post a google maps image of it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Greenspeed For This Useful Post:
gtrider (11-11-2014)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page