Exhaust help - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-02-2013, 01:27 AM Thread Starter

Exhaust help

Hey guy's so now I'm thinking about doing an exhaust on the bike, now I've been researching, but obviously some guys on here have first have experience and that is worth a lot more than stats or write ups online... Now a lot have done the Yoshi R-77 and I love it, absolutely love it... The sound the flutter and pop of a down shift, everything. But in my ninja group alone 3 other 300's have em, and well I wanna be a little different..

Now I was thinking of building a custom pipe, just a slip on.. A shorty, packed and well BLAACCK! Aha, now I have read that the jets will need to be replaced so I don't burn lean... Plus I'm going to tune it to make sure it's good rather than bad... Now is there anything else I should be worried about, or watch out for?

Thanks guys I appreciate it

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-02-2013, 01:31 AM
Seasoned Vet

Leo Vince Corsa
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-02-2013, 01:55 AM
Veteran

Maybe Scorpion Exhaust. Kinda expensive so likely hood of someone having it is small compared to the others. I think their Db rating is with the silencer. Its why I'm looking at it.
http://www.scorpion-exhausts.com/sco...=Ninja+300+12-

Also, you have no jets. A slipon isnt going to require re-mapping or a tune either, it doesn't really do anything performance wise. Your bike is EFI and the only mod I can think that would require a new injector is maybe turbo.

2015 Ninja 1000 ABS - Candy Fire Red
Traded in:Ninja 300 ABS Special Edition - Moondust Grey

Last edited by Toaster_Chicken; 08-02-2013 at 01:58 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Toaster_Chicken For This Useful Post:
FernandesL1 (08-02-2013)
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-02-2013, 02:03 AM Thread Starter

Icon, a couple of buddies have them for the 250, I know it's not really a fair comparison but I didn't like it too much, not that the sound wasn't good, just too throaty in my opinion, like almost muscly... Again it's a really good sound, I'm just looking for the F1 type sounding exhaust.. (If that makes sense)

Now the Scorpion, I really like that one, and yeah haven't even heard of it, I will do my research for sure thanks a lot... It's even got a bit of an oem look, in terms of styling and shape... Good sleeper look, thanks a lot guys

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page