Hid's completed - Page 2 - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-26-2013, 06:00 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by faseljd View Post
I put some Denali DM1's on my forks and they give me all the additional light when I need it, plus being LED they draw very little power.
Can you post a pic?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-27-2013, 02:35 AM Thread Starter

Ok sorry it took quite a while to get them up, just with work and trying to get both my bike and car out it was tricky aha... Anyways just a coupleshots let me know if you want to see something specifically and I will try my best to do it up...

ImageUploadedByMO Free1374906173.019003.jpg
So here we got just the hid on, warmed up fully about 2 feet away from a wall, the bike is fully vertical on a flat surface

ImageUploadedByMO Free1374906316.950444.jpg
So this is what I was going on about in my little rant, as you can see the light's throw is identical just a different color and brighter, it's not any more or less blinding just attention is drawn due to the fact it's a different color

ImageUploadedByMO Free1374906470.001096.jpg
Tried for this shot, but I didn't have a second person, the light looks awful compared to my cars Hid's, but the bike is on its side stand and the handbar is all the way to the left so its essentially angled the light directly to the camera

FOR THE RECORD MY CAR IS LOWERED... SO TECHNICALLY YOU SHOULD BE IMAGINING THE PROJECTION OF THE LIGHT BEAM A LITTLE LOWER ON THE CAR

ImageUploadedByMO Free1374906586.200746.jpg
Pulled up behind my car, about 2 feet... Again bike is vertical and on a flat surface. As you can see a majority of the light is on the licence plate...

ImageUploadedByMO Free1374906720.567860.jpg
About 10 feet away, again all of the light on the bumper/trunk/licence plate area, almost nothing on rear windshield/mirrors

ImageUploadedByMO Free1374906781.100535.jpg
As you can see though, a couple light streaks (that follow the "aggressive eye" design of the headlights" are projected on the light post, but won't be blinding any drivers in front of you as it's soon far right and up

Hopefully this helps, answers some questions, let me know if I missed anything got anything wrong, again it's all personal preference and choice... You don't like it I guess don't do it, but I like them so I choose to do them

Thanks for reading

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FernandesL1 For This Useful Post:
commitseppuku (07-30-2013), guambra2001 (07-30-2013), Matt300 (07-27-2013)
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-27-2013, 10:40 PM Thread Starter

No comments?

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-27-2013, 10:52 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,851 Times in 1,152 Posts
Nope.

Like you said if you like them you do em.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-30-2013, 08:56 AM
Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to guambra2001
Yeah I like them, thanks for doing that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Live life as if God will come tomorrow, because he just might!
SE Ninja 300 ABS with a few mods...
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-30-2013, 09:33 AM
Seasoned Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernandesL1 View Post
Ok sorry it took quite a while to get them up, just with work and trying to get both my bike and car out it was tricky aha... Anyways just a coupleshots let me know if you want to see something specifically and I will try my best to do it up...

Attachment 10617
So here we got just the hid on, warmed up fully about 2 feet away from a wall, the bike is fully vertical on a flat surface

Attachment 10641
So this is what I was going on about in my little rant, as you can see the light's throw is identical just a different color and brighter, it's not any more or less blinding just attention is drawn due to the fact it's a different color

Attachment 10649
Tried for this shot, but I didn't have a second person, the light looks awful compared to my cars Hid's, but the bike is on its side stand and the handbar is all the way to the left so its essentially angled the light directly to the camera

FOR THE RECORD MY CAR IS LOWERED... SO TECHNICALLY YOU SHOULD BE IMAGINING THE PROJECTION OF THE LIGHT BEAM A LITTLE LOWER ON THE CAR

Attachment 10657
Pulled up behind my car, about 2 feet... Again bike is vertical and on a flat surface. As you can see a majority of the light is on the licence plate...

Attachment 10665
About 10 feet away, again all of the light on the bumper/trunk/licence plate area, almost nothing on rear windshield/mirrors

Attachment 10673
As you can see though, a couple light streaks (that follow the "aggressive eye" design of the headlights" are projected on the light post, but won't be blinding any drivers in front of you as it's soon far right and up

Hopefully this helps, answers some questions, let me know if I missed anything got anything wrong, again it's all personal preference and choice... You don't like it I guess don't do it, but I like them so I choose to do them

Thanks for reading

Damn, that is very bright. Lol
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-30-2013, 09:55 PM
Seasoned Vet

Garage
Probably the best explanation of why you should never put HID's in a halogen based reflector housing:

http://clubroadster.net/vb_forum/20-...out-there.html

The only way to do it properly is with the use of a HID projector retrofit. And even that is ever so slightly a poor practice as well. My Audi for example has an auto leveling feature for it's Bi-Xenon's to ensure that they are always level and don't blind other motorists. An HID projector with auto leveling to provide adjustment based on vehicle dynamics and the grade you are driving on is the best approach.

Last edited by Sly Raskal; 07-30-2013 at 10:03 PM.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-30-2013, 10:06 PM

is that a custom paint job or is it a stock color? i've never seen it maybe i'm under a rock
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-30-2013, 10:19 PM
Seasoned Vet

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryokylix View Post
is that a custom paint job or is it a stock color? i've never seen it maybe i'm under a rock
As far as I know, Canada got Moondust Gray as an option that we in the states didn't. They also have Passion Red, but they didn't get Pearl Stardust White. I don't think they get green either.

Last edited by Sly Raskal; 07-30-2013 at 10:43 PM.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-17-2017, 01:14 PM

Hey Fernando and others,

I have BK MOTO HID Halo lights with the projectors and ballasts which require me to take out the entire headlight assembly.

Do you have a video or a resource that I could use that shows me how to take out the headlight assembly? If you are near Ottawa, do you know someone who does these installs without charging an arm and a leg?

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page