Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

First Attempt At Making a Video

5K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  Cork 
#1 ·
So I borrowed a buddies GoPro last week while he was away. I didn't get many chances to use it. But I tried to make a video anyways haha. Let me know if I should get into the business :D

I know it's not the best but I tried :dry:

By the way, it's very shaky cause I tried mounting it to the back signal.... wasn't thinking how unstable that was going to be. Later mounted it to the side it a helmet mount

Reactions: NotGivingUp
#7 ·
Looks good! Nice use of different camera-angles. The music is nice too, though for me (on YouTube) I always have to consider copyrights, so I make an effort never to use copyrighted music. It does limit things.

It's also nice that you added a fade at the end. Vids should always let you know they're over in some fashion.

#8 ·
Thanks,

I wasn't too worried about copyright, knew I was only going to get maybe 30 views haha. I I didn't think anyone from Tron would see it haha.

#9 ·
All YouTube has to do is recognize the song as being one of the thousands of copyrighted songs and your YouTube vid could be taken-down, meaning you lose all of the comments, likes, etc.

Just a failsafe for later, even if it doesn't get tons of views. Easier in my view to avoid copyright issues entirely so you don't set a trap for yourself later.

Believe me, I would *love* to use some copyrighted music in my vids! :D

#10 ·
Thanks. I'm not sure when I'll be able to get a camera again. But when I do, I'll get different music :D

#12 ·
I enjoyed the video - nice narration, music, and interesting camera angles. on my home computer, I saw no shaking and for the first minute I thought maybe I was watching one of those unwanted commercials ( that is actually meant as a compliment! ) i'll be sure to give your future videos a fair review!

#15 ·
lol, thanks. Not sure what "unwanted commercials" you're talking about. But if it was meant as a compliment I'll take it.

#13 ·
I enjoyed the video - nice narration, music, and interesting camera angles. on my home computer, I saw no shaking and for the first minute I thought maybe I was watching one of those unwanted commercials. and that is actually meant as a compliment! i'll be sure to give your future videos a fair review!

#14 ·
I enjoyed the video - nice narration, music, and interesting camera angles. on my home computer, I saw no shaking and for the first minute I thought maybe I was watching one of those unwanted commercials. and that is actually meant as a compliment! i'll be sure to give your future videos a fair review!

sorry if this was posted twice.

#16 ·
I use Incompetech.com. Kevin McLeod makes tons of free, royalty-free, CC3 music for anyone to use, but you have to give attribution. All my sound-effects are made by me or are CC0 (no credit required) and I get those from Freesound.org. You can sort by CC0, so it's really handy when you need some basic sound that's already out there.

#17 ·
I love the angles! I always end up using the helmet mount just in case I decide to take a detour and do something scenic. I'm trying to figure out how to do a pillion seat mount so I can look at body positioning without buying a cowl.

Is the gopro recording with protune on? If so, then some color correction and contrast in post-processing will help. Otherwise, you could turn protune off and shoot in standard.

A quick example would be my Pacific Coast Highway video (with protune on) and my Golden Gate/Redwood Rd video (with protune off). Just something to consider in the future if you plan on buying a gopro.

Would love to see some of that Canadian wilderness soon!

#18 ·
I'm not sure if portune was on or off lol. I don't know how soon I will be getting a gopro, so many things I want to buy and so little money to do it with lol. I may borrow my buddy's a few more times... but not till the spring now. You'll have to wait on seeing any Canadian wilderness for a bit.... a least from me anyways lol.

#20 ·
lol. same boat man too many upgrades planned and not enough cash. I'm also thinking of picking up a Daytona 675 soon so, the situation is even worse :biggrin:

#21 ·
Thanks, I'd like to see a more experienced rider hook it up there. I'm not the best shifter. I always seem to find the hidden "7th gear" haha. I wish it was hook up to a more solid point back there though. I was getting a little dizzy going through some of my footage lol.

Daytona 675 would be sick. I've been looking at those too. But when I'm ready to upgrade I think I'll be going for an '06 R6... depending on how much I get for selling the Ninja lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.