Don't Ride Slow... - Page 3 - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-04-2014, 08:25 PM
Seasoned Vet

Does anyone else see that they are riding two up? Maybe it's a 250 and can't get up to 75 easily.

Car was In the wrong all the way. No passing on the right. End of story.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

2013 Ebony 300.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicyNuggets View Post
Can get 60mpg used conservatively or 35mpg if being thrashed
The Following User Says Thank You to Captain For This Useful Post:
San.Diego_CA_Ninja (02-04-2014)
post #22 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-04-2014, 08:26 PM
Seasoned Vet

Oh and ps. The car got into the left lane the same time the truck did. Thus the truck probably didn't intentionally cut him off. But didn't see he was in the left lane. Cause he wasn't.

2013 Ebony 300.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicyNuggets View Post
Can get 60mpg used conservatively or 35mpg if being thrashed
The Following User Says Thank You to Captain For This Useful Post:
San.Diego_CA_Ninja (02-04-2014)
post #23 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-04-2014, 09:03 PM
Fast Lane Ukraine

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff View Post
Na you cant say that dude, that trucker probably looked behind him, saw no cars except for that one a long way back and changed lanes. Its not his responsibility to check and double check the speed of the car behind him. That car was doing everything it shouldnt. Everyone has praised saying oh good reflexes and all that bullshit, but it would have been a whole different story if he had taken out that bike.

From what I got from that video, the car was in the right hand lane. So was the truck. The truck up ahead my very well have seen him approaching at a high rate of speed, or maybe not, which is why he may have gone into the left lane. OR maybe not. Maybe he was just changing lanes because he could see a car approaching in the same lane. Maybe he was changing lanes as the motorcyclist was travelling slower than he was. Other people are allowed to overtake motorcycles. Either way, the car was still the one at total fault. Again, we would all be talking in a whole different point of view if the video ended with the car wiping out that motorcycle.

Dont defend the driver of that car. I do agree with you about the side streets and people not waiting when there is clearly nobody behind you, but definitely not the actions of that truck in the video being wrong. That car was all in the wrong, and could have potentially killed others. That could have been you and your girlfriend/wife or your mate and his girlfriend/wife on that bike, and he may not have had the same reflex. And devastated two families in the process.

Food for thought.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain View Post
Oh and ps. The car got into the left lane the same time the truck did. Thus the truck probably didn't intentionally cut him off. But didn't see he was in the left lane. Cause he wasn't.

I saw the same things as you, obviously. I wasn't defending the car, hence why my first post said all three, technically, were at fault in their own way. My rant of people pulling out was just a general rant about things other drivers do that piss me off. That's all.

Back to the trucker...personally, if I was trucking, before I made a lane change I would make sure no one is next to me. In doing that (since the car was a bit of a distance away) he would have seen a car fast approaching in his CURRENT lane (and if he couldn't see, then his truck is not up to snuff equipment wise as he should have seen that car) THEN...using the round mushy thing between his ears, he should have assumed that, "Hmm...fast car approaching in my lane...he's not just going to slam on his brakes once he reaches me, he's going to go for the pass. What should I do? Oh I know! I should keep my ass in this lane until this idiot in the car flies by, THEN I can pass the motorcycle."

At least, that's how I would have done it. Then again, I like to think that I have a couple of brain cells and that I know how to use them. IMO, the car driver made a bad decision to speed...BUT the truck made that bad decision an even worse decision by his action (and in my opinion lack of awareness/common sense). He just added to the domino affect...luckily that biker (and his passenger) didn't end up as highway road kill.

Yeah, I'm a hater. We can all agree on that .

Cage:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Bikes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
| YouTube Vlog:

(SOLD) -
was
|
post #24 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-04-2014, 09:16 PM
Veteran

Garage
Here's the Youtube video in its entirety. You got to love the ending! You can hear at the end someone cursing, "frick'n people"...wow!

2014 Ninja 300 ABS SE

Last edited by StarNinja; 02-04-2014 at 09:32 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to StarNinja For This Useful Post:
Ilya (02-04-2014)
post #25 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-04-2014, 09:22 PM
Fast Lane Ukraine

Garage
Hmm okay. After that full video, it's a little different. Trucker probably did check his mirror slightly before and because the car with the camera was behind the Volvo SUV he didn't see him...and the Volvo SUV was NOT fast approaching so trucker probably thought he was clear the whole time.

Car was not necessarily 'flying' as the first GIF suggested. I was expecting him to be going a lot faster.

I stand corrected. Good find StarNinja.

Cage:
| Bikes:
and
| YouTube Vlog:

(SOLD) -
was
|
post #26 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-04-2014, 10:53 PM
Seasoned Vet

Ilya! Seriously, you probably should hang up your keys!
post #27 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-04-2014, 11:01 PM
Seasoned Vet

Garage
Car was driving wrecklessly. You have to be able to see the path ahead of you far enough for you to stop if something appears at your current speed, excluding wildlife darting in to the road.

Some of the first advive I got when I began Motorcycling was "on the freeway/highway always be going a little faster than traffic. This puts you in control rather than other cars being in control."

Not sure how good that advice is, but I often ponder it.

2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300 Ebony (non abs)
Spiegler front SS brake line
Shogun frame sliders & slider spools
Reflector Delete

2000 Chevrolet Silverado 4.8L ext cab
3" cat back exhaust & dynomax muffler
K&N drop-in air filter
200 amp Nations alternator
Upgraded 4L65e Transmission
Audio- Kicker, Pioneer, Performance Teknique, Kenwood

Last edited by San.Diego_CA_Ninja; 02-04-2014 at 11:05 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to San.Diego_CA_Ninja For This Useful Post:
Ilya (02-04-2014)
post #28 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-04-2014, 11:34 PM
Fast Lane Ukraine

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by learner View Post
Ilya! Seriously, you probably should hang up your keys!
Why? Because I'm calling out one of your industry brethren not for CAUSING the accident but certainly playing a role in it? As if it's impossible for a trucker to be a horrible driver. lol.

Read the post before yours, with more evidence I had a different opinion and stood corrected. Relax.

Cage:
| Bikes:
and
| YouTube Vlog:

(SOLD) -
was
|

Last edited by Ilya; 02-04-2014 at 11:38 PM.
post #29 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-05-2014, 12:19 AM
Seasoned Vet

Yeah I skipped those posts from when I read your comments about thecar not even considering slowing and just shooting for the pass! I know theres plenty of dickhead truck drivers out there, I was more worried about the innocent motorists or yourself that you are going to kill one day!
post #30 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-05-2014, 12:28 AM
Fast Lane Ukraine

Garage

Cage:
| Bikes:
and
| YouTube Vlog:

(SOLD) -
was
|

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page