Bought a GoPro today! - Page 5 - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013, 03:20 AM

Garage
Took a little bit of my own pov footage on a rather boring commute to meet my pops for lunch.. Granted it is fixed to my gas tank, and I do have a gloss black windscreen so this doesn't make for a good combination.. Again, it is not a very entertaining 10-15m of video so, kudos to you if you do watch through it :P I probably should slow down at times, and I notice I tend to never be sure that my brights are off, or turn indicators off.. lol catch myself checking for both from this camera view more often than necessary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNIf4CRCXM4&feature=youtu.be
post #42 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

GoPro fell off my bike earlier ! Hahaha. I was doing about 50mph and my suction cup mounted on the front of my windshield decided to fall off. Good thing I was recording ! Hahaha. The camera is perfectly fine, the case has a few scratches but no big deal, the suction cup mount doesn't have a damn scratch on it lol. I will upload the video when it finishes converting. The YouTube upload will take a few hours though, even though it's a 12 minute video.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Instagram---> Braxton Giles
post #43 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013, 09:59 PM

Garage
Damn! Glad to hear the camera is ok Braxton! Now I'm paranoid, I always mount my camera to the windshield. I want to invest in some of the small adhesives that are used like anchors you can tie a string through and to the camera; this way it would be fixed and just dangle from the bike in events like these
post #44 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013, 11:46 PM
Forum Champion

Thanked 2,981 Times in 2,127 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzar Kizitski View Post
LMAO! I knew you went lightly the first time around! It's all good though! A lot of people never realise they're doing anything wrong until it is too late. They may never even have been taught the skills or may have even totally forgotten what they were taught in the first place, due to a lack of practice.

All these tips may well save the day for any rider!

So Braxton, we're now all waiting to see a "better" video!

Cheers...

true. i dont profess to be the worlds greatest rider not by any stretch of the imagination, however, when it comes to riding on the street after the amount of years i have done it for, i think i have a reasonable idea as to what im talking about & what to expect on the road.

Braxton, i hope you take on board what i have typed and learn from this and become a better rider. if you havent figured it out yet, i love riding motorcycles and i do my best to help share that passion with anyone who will let me so you can continue to ride bikes for many more years yet & get the same if not more enjoyment out of it as i have done over the years. i have meet some amazing people over the years because of riding and made some life long friends as well, scattered thru out the world.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #45 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013, 11:53 PM
Veteran

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braxton Giles View Post
GoPro fell off my bike earlier ! Hahaha. I was doing about 50mph and my suction cup mounted on the front of my windshield...

Lol must have missed my video! My GP didn't fall off, but the suction cup on the windscreen does not make for a good time.

Mods:
636 Headlights | Phillips CrystalVision Ultra Headlamps | Diode Dynamics 2-5050SMD Amber LED Corner Lights | LED Turn Signals | LED Brake w/ Modulator

Future Mods:
AllBalls Steering Bearings | ZG windscreen | MotoDynamic LED Taillight | Yoshimura Frame Sliders | Yoshimura Fender Eliminator

|
post #46 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-01-2014, 12:29 AM
Forum Champion

Thanked 2,981 Times in 2,127 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurodox View Post
Lol must have missed my video! My GP didn't fall off, but the suction cup on the windscreen does not make for a good time.
i have never been keen on the suction cap idea. a aluminium ram mount & bolt it to the brake or clutch lever

https://www.kawasakininja300.com/foru...tml#post560482

fixed! it aint moving no where in a big rush

post #47 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-01-2014, 12:48 AM
Veteran

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruizin View Post
i have never been keen on the suction cap idea. a aluminium ram mount & bolt it to the brake or clutch lever

https://www.kawasakininja300.com/foru...tml#post560482

fixed! it aint moving no where in a big rush
Agreed. Suction cups aren't very good unless you are mounting it to glass on a cars interior. I use the suction cup to make driving time lapses. For anything that will be outside and traveling, I use the adhesive mounts.

Mods:
636 Headlights | Phillips CrystalVision Ultra Headlamps | Diode Dynamics 2-5050SMD Amber LED Corner Lights | LED Turn Signals | LED Brake w/ Modulator

Future Mods:
AllBalls Steering Bearings | ZG windscreen | MotoDynamic LED Taillight | Yoshimura Frame Sliders | Yoshimura Fender Eliminator

|
post #48 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-01-2014, 02:59 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Video is up !! Hahahaha it only took a year to upload

post #49 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-04-2014, 08:25 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Goodbye everyone, back to training. Be back in March !

post #50 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-04-2014, 08:30 AM
Post Whore

Garage
All the best, mate! Stay safe!...

2013 Black Ninja 300 ABS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page