Golden Gate Bridge Ride - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013, 03:04 AM Thread Starter

Golden Gate Bridge Ride

Some beautiful weather this morning without any fog and a bright sun. Figured I'd record a ride across the Golden Gate. Hope you enjoy it!

Here's my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
page.
Here's my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Photostream.

'13 Ebony Ninja 300
Mods
Woodcraft clip-ons
Vortex adjustable rearsets
Shogun frame sliders
ProGrip tank pad
Red ProGrip reflective rim tape
SS fender eliminator

Last edited by anacron; 11-07-2013 at 03:09 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to anacron For This Useful Post:
cruizin (11-07-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013, 04:10 AM
Forum Champion

Thanked 2,981 Times in 2,127 Posts
Garage
thats pretty cool, thanks for sharing that

The Following User Says Thank You to cruizin For This Useful Post:
anacron (11-07-2013)
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013, 09:32 AM
Seasoned Vet

Garage
That video makes me a little home sick. I moved from Northern California to Arizona about seven years ago and I miss the Bay Area. So many nice roads to ride.
When I was a member of the Oakland Motorcycle Club I actually got a chance to climb to the top of the South Tower of the Golden Gate Bridge. A member was part of the work party that painted the bridge and after you signed a waiver you could go with him to the top. I took some pictures from the top just as the sun was coming up.
Next year I am going to trailer my 300 up from Arizona and ride some of of those fine roads again. I can't wait. Have fun and thanks for posting.
The Following User Says Thank You to travellingtenor For This Useful Post:
anacron (11-07-2013)
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-10-2013, 03:53 PM
Veteran

Garage
Nice video, seems like a really nice ride with good scenery... compared to what we have here anyways lol

How do you find riding with the gopro on your helmet? I rode with one last week and it felt like my head was being ripped back most of the time

The proper function of man is to live, not exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them, I shall live them. --- Jack London
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-10-2013, 04:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cork View Post
Nice video, seems like a really nice ride with good scenery... compared to what we have here anyways lol

How do you find riding with the gopro on your helmet? I rode with one last week and it felt like my head was being ripped back most of the time
It takes a little getting used to, but I never found it super annoying either. Once you adjust to the extra weight and the buffeting you don't really notice it.

I'd love to ride through some of the forests up in Canada. I have this picture of a twisty road flanked by gigantic spruce trees. Would love to find a road like that and ride on it someday.

Here's my
page.
Here's my
Photostream.

'13 Ebony Ninja 300
Mods
Woodcraft clip-ons
Shogun frame sliders
ProGrip tank pad
SS fender eliminator
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-10-2013, 05:47 PM
Veteran

Garage
I haven't had the chance yet to take it even further north where there are nicer roads. Went to go last weekend, but got 30 mins into my ride and turned back cause I was freezing. I don't want to have to wait til the spring, but it looks like that is what I am going to have to do. It might be time to hang up the gear for the season and winterize my bike

The proper function of man is to live, not exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them, I shall live them. --- Jack London
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-10-2013, 06:16 PM Thread Starter

Bummer, guess I'm spoiled in that respect. It doesn't get terribly cold here but once the rain starts its pretty much 2 months of no riding. Not sure if I'll winterize or not though.

Here's my
page.
Here's my
Photostream.

'13 Ebony Ninja 300
Mods
Woodcraft clip-ons
Shogun frame sliders
ProGrip tank pad
SS fender eliminator
The Following User Says Thank You to anacron For This Useful Post:
ninjamunky85 (11-11-2013)
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-10-2013, 06:42 PM
Forum Champion

Thanked 2,083 Times in 1,354 Posts
Garage
Nice! Been on that bridge at least once and it's brilliant to ride.

Spacep0d's
!

2013 Triumph Daytona 675R
Austin Racing V3 Titanium exhaust, professionally-shaved seat, T-Rex sliders, Pazzo shorty levers, Tech Spec tank grips, tail tidy, Watsen marker lights, Pirelli Diablo Rosso III tires. Only 23 lbs. heavier than the 300!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-10-2013, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

Thanks! Yep the bridge and the view are incredible.

Here's my
page.
Here's my
Photostream.

'13 Ebony Ninja 300
Mods
Woodcraft clip-ons
Shogun frame sliders
ProGrip tank pad
SS fender eliminator

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page