Poll: How Do You Feel About Loud Pipes? - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Rogue

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-13-2017, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
Sponsored Editorial Content

Poll: How Do You Feel About Loud Pipes?

Quote:
'Loud pipes save lives' and 'the louder it is the faster it is' are all phrases you’ve probably heard before, but for a lot of people – particularly the non-riding public – loud exhausts prove to be obnoxious. Which camp do you find yourself in?
Read more about the Poll: How Do You Feel About Loud Pipes? at Motorcycle.com.
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-13-2017, 04:30 PM
Seasoned Vet

Garage
I have four motorcycles and two of them have aftermarket exhausts. I don't mind an exhaust that is a little louder than the stock exhaust but I cannot stand the riders who run open or really loud exhaust systems. Loud pipes don't save lives. Loud pipes push non riders over the edge and ensures that the general public looks at us in a negative light. You may have the right to run that straight through exhaust system on your motorcycle but the fact is, doing so might take some of your rights away from you in the end.
I had a Magna 750 that I bought that had a Cobra slash cut exhaust system on it. I rode it for about a month and decided that the Cobra system was pissing a lot of people off, including me. It was the first time in my life that I actually pulled an aftermarket exhaust system off my bike and replaced it with a stock system. It shows you that I actually practice what I preach.

MRA Windscreen,Yosh CF Slip-On,Fender Eliminator,Bar Ends,Rear Spools,Exhaust Hanger,Oil Filler Cap,CF Seat Accent,OEM Seat Cowl,ZX3-R Stickers,CF Air Box Covers,Removed Passenger Pegs,Pro-Tek Reservoir Covers,Driven Gas Cap,CF Chain/Hugger Guard,Battery Tender Pigtail,Tank Guard,Sportisi Exhaust Cowl,GPR V4 Stabilizer,Blaster X Tail Light,Bar Risers,JT 15T Sprocket, BKMOTO Projectors,RSV C5 Levers,Gear Indicator,Ohlin's Rear Shock,CF Headlight Cowl,SS Frame Plugs,CF Sprocket Cover,
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-13-2017, 11:36 PM

Loud no, louder for some yes. The ninja 300 for instance could use the sound of a good quality slip on. My other bikes I left stock and enjoyed the sound include my Tuono V4r, Monster S4R, and GSXR. My V4 Aprilia sounds so good even stock. I too went from a termi full system back to stock on my Ducati monster.

2015 Ninja 300 Green
2013 Aprilia Tuono V4R APRC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 12:18 AM
MAL
Veteran

"Poll: How Do You Feel About Loud Pipes?"

Define "loud"!

The stock exhaust on a Ninja 300 sounded like a scooter to me, so I installed a Danmoto slip-on. That seemed a tad over-the-top, so I added the baffle to make it sound like a motorcycle, but without braking windows as I ride by...

Here's the audio comparisons:

https://youtu.be/Ps8VqVQygQE
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 01:32 PM
Forum Champion

Garage
I prefer it louder than the stock on the Ninja 300 - to me, the stock exhaust sounded like an angry bee and a sewing machine had an unfortunate love child. I currently have a Leo Vince CF Corsa GP slipon with the baffle removed. It's loud, but not obnoxiously loud.
MAL and datablack like this.

It's a girl on a bike...it's Rogue!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Twitter: @Rogue_300
Blog:

Instagram: Rogue_300

Do you rock it?

The Following User Says Thank You to Rogue For This Useful Post:
MAL (07-16-2017)
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 07:32 PM

Bought my ninja 300 used, it came with a two bros slip on and at first I kinda liked the loudness of it, after a few rides I did not like it so much. Put a P1X sound reducer on it (also from two bros) and now it is still louder than stock but not too bad and I can live with it.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 10:36 AM

A little louder, to be heard, makes sense to me - just avoid being obnoxiously loud is my basic rule!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page