Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

ABS light stay on after front sprocket change

Tags
abs
6K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  m3hi 
#1 · (Edited)
hey guysssss,
Recently I change my ninja300 2014 front sprocket after 20000km, I ride about 30 minutes without speed sensor( I mean I have not speed numbers on my dashboard) , but now after change my front sprocket and fix the speed sensor my abs doesn't work, I unpluged battery, cleaned abs sensors, but ABS light is still on:frown2:
I'm in country that there is no any kawasaki dealership and I should fix it alone
I think ecu saved this error but I dont know how to erase this fault
please help me guys:emot-worship:

#2 ·
On the N300 the ABS is completely separate from the ECU. This is important to note because the Speed Sensor (for the "numbers on the dashboard") has nothing to do with the ABS, and the Wheel Rotation Sensors, Front and Rear, for the ABS have nothing to do with the ECU/Speedometer. With this in mind, any work to the front sprocket should not cause an ABS error as the two systems are completely detached from one another.
Did you carry out any other maintenance? For example, while working of the front sprocket, did you do anything to the rear wheel? Anything happen to either wheel while riding? What is the condition of both sensor rings (the slotted disks on the rims)?
Thanks!

#3 ·
thanks for answer <3
I changed the tire,rear sprocket and chain before that and my ABS worked well, I dont know if its related but I changed 140/70-17 with pierlli 150/60-17 but as I said there wasn't problem with ABS
both sensors are clean and slotted disk on the rims are clean and are in good condition without any damage
I can take the pictures if it will help
I can't ride my bike beacause I fear to ride without ABS:crying:

#8 ·
As a point of Reference, my Honda has ABS, my Ninja does not. I have no concerns with having no ABS. I have had the ABS engage once on the Honda (without specifically trying to engage it) and in that situation I would have been fine without ABS (straight line braking, gravel road, one or two pulses before complete stop).

#12 ·
Problem sloved

hey guyssss, yes , finally , with KAWASAKI ABS SELF DIAGNOSIS system I fixed my abs problem, and how ?
1.There is abs self diagnosis under your seat near your battery (as you see in the picture I grounded the wire turn key on and your fault will be appear with abs light blinking

2.before diagnosis I checked all sensors wires but that wasn't obvious to find out what is the problem so after self-diag I found there is fault code 45 (rear wheel rotation sensor wiring)

3.I opened and fixed rear sensor wire like picture and voilaaaaaaa:woohoo2_smilie:

I hope this help my friends0:)

Attachments

#13 ·
Good to see you were able to solve the problem. Ive just recently bought ninja 300 and it has abs light on , when i was buying i didnt think it too serious but now i feel i should just check it the way you did to make sure theres no problems, thanks for sharing the resolution with pictures. It will definitely help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.