Ninja 300 Maintenance - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum
 30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 09:52 PM Thread Starter

Ninja 300 Maintenance

Hey guys, I got bought my 2013 ninja 300 today. Since it's my first bike and I've never rode a motorcycle so I'm worried. Can anyone tell me what I have to do with the maintenance with ninja 300? Thanks
post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 10:43 PM
Veteran

Did your bike come with an owner’s manual? The full maintenance schedule is in there. Since this is your first bike...did you take or are you planning on taking the MSF course? (Assuming you live in the US)

Lots of info available online and on youtube on motorcycle maintenance. Even many videos specifically on Ninja 300.

Enjoy your new bike!

2014 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 12:30 AM Thread Starter

I didn't get the manual. I think the safety course is too expensive so I might not take it. Is there going to be a lot difference of taking the safety course? If so, I might take it. I don't want to kill myself lol.
post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 03:50 AM
MAL
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justindsds View Post
I think the safety course is too expensive so I might not take it. Is there going to be a lot difference of taking the safety course? If so, I might take it. I don't want to kill myself lol.

Check out: https://msf-usa.org/

It is WORTH it, regardless of cost.

To be blunt: you owe it to yourself as a new rider to get proper training.

BTW, depending on the state you live in:
  • California: Basic motorcycle training is mandatory for new riders under 21 years old.
  • New Hampshire: Riders under 18 years old are required to complete a Basic Rider course.
  • Colorado: Any rider under 18 years old must hold a motorcycle instruction permit for 1 year before they can earn a motorcycle endorsement.

To be more blunt: if you can afford a Ninja 300, you can bloody-well afford the safety course!!!

If you're in Pennsylvania, check out http://www.pamsp.com/ (PENNSYLVANIA MOTORCYCLE SAFETY PROGRAM)
They offer FREE Motorcycle Safety Courses.

Last edited by MAL; 01-22-2019 at 03:59 AM.
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 07:22 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
Check out: https://msf-usa.org/

It is WORTH it, regardless of cost.

To be blunt: you owe it to yourself as a new rider to get proper training.

BTW, depending on the state you live in:
  • California: Basic motorcycle training is mandatory for new riders under 21 years old.
  • New Hampshire: Riders under 18 years old are required to complete a Basic Rider course.
  • Colorado: Any rider under 18 years old must hold a motorcycle instruction permit for 1 year before they can earn a motorcycle endorsement.
To be more blunt: if you can afford a Ninja 300, you can bloody-well afford the safety course!!!

If you're in Pennsylvania, check out http://www.pamsp.com/ (PENNSYLVANIA MOTORCYCLE SAFETY PROGRAM)
They offer FREE Motorcycle Safety Courses.

Maybe he has already killed himself and does not know it yet.
MAL and Falkhorn like this.

MAY YOU LIVE AS LONG AS YOU WANT TO
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AND WANT TO AS LONG AS YOU LIVE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 09:38 AM
Veteran

Garage
If you have never ridden, this is your first bike and you don’t want to take the safety course, then don’t worry about a maintenance sechedule on your bike. It (and possibly you) won’t be around that long.
Rogue, MichaelS and Falkhorn like this.

Track-
'13 Kawasaki Ninja 300SE - Yoshi full exhaust, PCV, Vortex rear sets, gp shift, Dunlop Q3+ (formerly Bridgestone Battlax S20 EVO), GSXR rear shock, Barnett clutch and springs, Woodcraft clip-ons, Hotbodies race plastics, Ducati steering dampener, fully safety wired, racetech ft springs and gold valve emulators, ft stainless steel brake line, EBC HH pads, more to come.

'99 Ducati 996s

Street-
‘18 Honda Grom
'14 Yamaha TW200
'07 Yamaha FZ1

CMRA #982
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justindsds View Post
Hey guys, I got bought my 2013 ninja 300 today. Since it's my first bike and I've never rode a motorcycle so I'm worried. Can anyone tell me what I have to do with the maintenance with ninja 300? Thanks
I would be worried, too. You've never ridden before? As in never? Do you know how all the controls work? Do you understand what countersteering is? Do you know how to properly downshift and apply the separate brakes to stop in an emergency? I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm genuinely concerned that you have no experience and you don't want to spend the money to get properly trained to ride the bike.

A motorcycle is an incredibly fun machine, it can give you joy and all kinds of warm fuzzy feelings. It can also give you a closed casket funeral.

Take the course, PLEASE.
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 01:13 PM
Veteran

Garage
Many insurance agencies provide a discount to those that have taken the moto safety course. Over time, the discount will pay for the course.

You owe it to your motorcycle brothers and sisters to take the course and become a good rider that has skill and confidence. It will give you pride. If you look good, we all look good and vice-versa. :-)

Don't forget to fix yourself up with proper gear as well and learn to always ride with it all: helmet, boots, pants, jacket, and gloves all should be proper motorcycle safe specification i.e. no sandals, shorts, and pudding bowls made of PVC.
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 03:06 PM
Veteran

LOL. It reminds me when I learned to ride in the 90's. Just got a used small bike and leaned to ride it around the block. Gear? Courses? Forget that! That's for rich people. Where is the throttle again? I hope the brakes are ok. The seller told me they were just done. HAHAHA!
I took it easy and survived. Definitely not advisable.

Whatever money you can spend in safety is money well spent.

As for the owners manual, you can download the PDF version from internet. If you don't find it, PM me your email address and I'll send you a copy.

Be safe!
SmoothRider likes this.
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 05:41 PM
Forum Champion

Garage
1. The digital version of the owner's manual is easily found on this site called Kawa something or other: https://www.kawasaki.com/ServiceManuals/Manual/EX300ADF

2. FFS, take the MSF course before you hurt yourself, or worse, some innocent person. The basic course will teach you the skills you'll build on for the rest of your life. Skills such as emergency braking, swerving, etc. that can literally save your life.

It's a girl on a bike...it's Rogue!

Twitter: @Rogue_300
Blog:

Instagram: Rogue_300

Do you rock it?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in