Accident... - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

Accident...

Hello all,

This is my first time posting here. Mostly out of need to vent. Ive had a somewhat bad accident about two weeks ago leaving me with a broken thighbone. I just took that unfaithful corner way too fast for my skill and slid on gravel on the side of the road since i wasnt able to maintain my line. As soon as i saw myself heading for a wooden post i jumped off the bike hit the ground upon which my body bounced again and rolled over....Im bed ridden for now other than some light movements on crutches. Im unable to do anything by myself... during the surgery the doc had to manipulate the leg quiet a bit since the bone sank low and in return squished one of my nerves. I cant feel my foot at all, cant move the toes. I have tingling sensation in it almost constatly with a shooting pain in my toes. It’s si far bothering me more than the actual break...

I havent seen my bike but from what i heard the forks are totally messed. It’s been towed somewhere collecting storage i guess...

This whole experience has made me feel extremely alone.

Feel free to share your own experiences and recovery to help me get through this.

As for riding I think i will ride again eventually, i miss it a lot. Possibly will only stick to track though.

Bonus: here is a picture of my baby when everything was good and well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg A507BA51-1BC7-4959-870E-A47E39D0C89D_1561148693154.jpeg (276.8 KB, 18 views)
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 04:53 PM

Garage
Man, that is pretty sh*tty. A post like this is always a good reminder to ride within our limits. Not shaming, just saying.

Concentrate on recovery. Hope everything is in good working order soon. Keep us posted on your progress! 💪
kawisavage likes this.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 07:16 PM
Veteran

I feel sorry for you, man! I hope you will fully recover and grow stronger from the accident.

Ride safe everybody!
kawisavage likes this.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 09:22 PM
Veteran

Garage
Sorry to hear that, man. It happens to all of us. Hell, I went down last weekend on the track. It started raining g and the track turned to ice or something. Bike came out from under me faster than I could blink. Iím ok, but the bike is more damaged than I thought it would be. gotta break out the torch and welder to fix the frame.

Track-
'13 Kawasaki Ninja 300SE - Yoshi full exhaust, PCV, Vortex rear sets, gp shift, Dunlop Q3+ (formerly Bridgestone Battlax S20 EVO), GSXR rear shock, Barnett clutch and springs, Woodcraft clip-ons, Hotbodies race plastics, Ducati steering dampener, fully safety wired, racetech ft springs and gold valve emulators, ft stainless steel brake line, EBC HH pads, more to come.

'99 Ducati 996s

Street-
Ď18 Honda Grom
'14 Yamaha TW200
'07 Yamaha FZ1

CMRA #982
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 09:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rttoys View Post
Sorry to hear that, man. It happens to all of us. Hell, I went down last weekend on the track. It started raining g and the track turned to ice or something. Bike came out from under me faster than I could blink. I’m ok, but the bike is more damaged than I thought it would be. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/KawasakiNinja300_2015/smilies/tango_face_sad.png[/IMG]gotta break out the torch and welder to fix the frame. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/KawasakiNinja300_2015/smilies/tango_face_plain.png[/IMG]
Man and thats why I wanna do track. Rather weld frames than broken bones haha

Thank you everyone for the support. Taking it day by day just wishing this goes by fast.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 09:49 AM
Veteran

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawisavage View Post
Man and thats why I wanna do track. Rather weld frames than broken bones haha

Thank you everyone for the support. Taking it day by day just wishing this goes by fast.
Donít think that stuff canít happen on the track. You are pushing the limits and things can happen. BUT, you are definitely putting the cards in your favor in our already dangerous hobby. Between setting up the bike better than you would for a street ride, full on race gear, a controlled environment, plenty of runoff area and an ambulance 1 minute away, there is a huge advantage over the street.

If you have questions about the track, feel free to ask.
kawisavage likes this.

Track-
'13 Kawasaki Ninja 300SE - Yoshi full exhaust, PCV, Vortex rear sets, gp shift, Dunlop Q3+ (formerly Bridgestone Battlax S20 EVO), GSXR rear shock, Barnett clutch and springs, Woodcraft clip-ons, Hotbodies race plastics, Ducati steering dampener, fully safety wired, racetech ft springs and gold valve emulators, ft stainless steel brake line, EBC HH pads, more to come.

'99 Ducati 996s

Street-
Ď18 Honda Grom
'14 Yamaha TW200
'07 Yamaha FZ1

CMRA #982
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 01:26 PM
Veteran

Garage
Be strong. You'll recover. Your nerve pain will subside a bit when the swelling and inflammation reduces. A bit of tingling and numbness will remain always to return at night when you've worked hard. Strengthen your core and arms while you are partially immobile: it will help physically and mentally. Let the accident memory recede some for now and just focus on positives around you and on your dreams and goals. This is a hick-up, a tale to tell and a limp at the end of the day that gives you complexity and character. Read a good book: Proficient Motorcycling by Reg Pridmore. This experience will make you a better person in the end. You are blessed. :^)
kawisavage likes this.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 05:51 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawisavage View Post
As soon as i saw myself heading for a wooden post i jumped off the bike hit the ground upon which my body bounced again and rolled over....
Just saw this, reminded me of your post:

https://imgur.com/gallery/9uMFhyD

Pretty gnarly drop.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 07:12 PM
Veteran

Garage

Another bonus for the track; no ginormous cliffs to fall off of.

Track-

'99 Ducati 996s

Street-
Ď18 Honda Grom
'14 Yamaha TW200
'07 Yamaha FZ1

CMRA #982
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by randycastell View Post
Be strong. You'll recover. Your nerve pain will subside a bit when the swelling and inflammation reduces. A bit of tingling and numbness will remain always to return at night when you've worked hard. Strengthen your core and arms while you are partially immobile: it will help physically and mentally. Let the accident memory recede some for now and just focus on positives around you and on your dreams and goals. This is a hick-up, a tale to tell and a limp at the end of the day that gives you complexity and character. Read a good book: Proficient Motorcycling by Reg Pridmore. This experience will make you a better person in the end. You are blessed. :^)
Thank you for the encouraging words and great advice. It really means a lot and propels me to just keep moving forward. As an avid reader I cant wait to check out that book!

the leg is definitely getting better, unfortunately the tingling in the foot remains almost constant. im not sure whether im getting used to it or it's better every day but hey, either way...

fortunately i have great people around me who try to do as much as possible to not make me feel like a complete invalid.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page