Mirror blanking plates - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-01-2015, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

Mirror blanking plates

I've searched, but couldn't find anything useful. I'm about to purchase some bar end mirrors and need to remove the stock mirrors. I currently have a zero gravity double bubble windscreen installed. By looking at how the mirrors are screwed onto the windscreen, it looks like a need a blanking plate similar in thickness to screw onto the windscreen. I've searches online for the blanking plates and it seems like there's only two available on Revzilla - one is about $60 and the other is suggested for track fairings. Can anyone who has removed stock mirrors chime in please?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-01-2015, 08:45 PM
Veteran

Garage
I still have my mirrors, but this would be my solution:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mirror-Base-...ac1c03&vxp=mtr
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-01-2015, 11:35 PM
Seasoned Vet

Location: Crescent City Fl formerly Key West Fl -Formerly Detroit - Formerly Canada
Garage
I ironically I just bought plates from that site. They e mailed me two days ago that they were running a bit late on shipping because they didn't like the paint job on their last batch so they sent them back to get it done right. They are out of Toronto Canada although the person I talked to said they were living in Europe now. Nice people to talk to they seem to care about their product and their customers
I'm kind of excited to see how the new mirrors are going to look because they will be mounted on the handle bar control area

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 12:17 AM
Seasoned Vet

Why would you want to remove your mirrors? Those two things can save your ass and a ticket. Passing a cop at some speed wondering if he is pulling out having those comes in handy. Don't be that idiot trying to look cool.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 09:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
Why would you want to remove your mirrors? Those two things can save your ass and a ticket. Passing a cop at some speed wondering if he is pulling out having those comes in handy. Don't be that idiot trying to look cool.
How about you re-read my original post. Where did I mention I wasn't going to be using mirrors?
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 09:30 AM
Post Whore

Garage
I bought some R&G mirror blanking plates which fit nice. Use them when I hit the track.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 10:23 AM
Seasoned Vet

Location: Crescent City Fl formerly Key West Fl -Formerly Detroit - Formerly Canada
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
And the same with me, I am putting mirrors on the original posts on the handle bar controls.

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 10:30 AM
Veteran

Easy guys, jeez!
He's just looking out for you, and from the original post one could assume that you where going without mirrors. I didn't mention anything, because it doesn't effect my bike!
Remember, we are all on the same team here, lets not get so hostile and keep this a friendly place.
The lack of Internet Key-board ninjas is what keeps me coming back
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureFuzz 26 View Post
Easy guys, jeez!
He's just looking out for you, and from the original post one could assume that you where going without mirrors. I didn't mention anything, because it doesn't effect my bike!
Remember, we are all on the same team here, lets not get so hostile and keep this a friendly place.
The lack of Internet Key-board ninjas is what keeps me coming back
I understand he's just looking out, but it clearly states I'm purchasing bar end mirrors in my second sentence of the original post.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 04:06 PM
Seasoned Vet

My bad. I thought you were getting rid of them. I would just go with the plates off ebay.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page