Cheap eBay Rearsets Review. Very Good! - Page 2 - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrshooter View Post
i dont care what brand, cheap ebay or big name brand. take them apart and lock tite them all.
most dont even come put together, some are together but all are loose.
YES! If you complain that your bolts came out, then it's your fault for not putting loctite. These bikes vibrate, and bolts can loosen over time regardless of brand.

If you are using rear sets, you need to loctite the bolts!

2013 Ninja 300 - 2002 Acura TL - 2016 Corvette Z06
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 11:33 AM
Seasoned Vet

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karanx7 View Post
YES! If you complain that your bolts came out, then it's your fault for not putting loctite. These bikes vibrate, and bolts can loosen over time regardless of brand.

Sure it is! Vehicles should come in a box and should be self assembled just to make sure everything loctited...

It's not a user's fault. It's a users responsibility. Whole different concepts. It simply isn't practical to assume that every motorcycle part has to be completely taken apart and reassembled before installation. Mechanics sure as hell don't.

- If someone's answer is useful, consider leaving a Like or a Thanks. The motivation to give a quality response is appreciated.
- Check out
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- Thanks for reading! If you want to see some interesting How-To's and tips, check out
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 05:22 AM

Quote:

Agreed, had it happen to me a couple of times on different bikes.
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gables_Ninja View Post
Sure it is! Vehicles should come in a box and should be self assembled just to make sure everything loctited...

It's not a user's fault. It's a users responsibility. Whole different concepts. It simply isn't practical to assume that every motorcycle part has to be completely taken apart and reassembled before installation. Mechanics sure as hell don't.
I find two things wrong with your logic. First, it's both the fault and the responsibility of the user, but the end result is really what matters. Secondly, the bolts that require loctite do come with it from the factory.

Aftermarket parts cannot be treated like factory replacements. It absolutely is your fault if you don't use loctite on rearsets, and a bolt falls off. You don't have to assume every parts need this, but rearsets do.
Rogue likes this.

2013 Ninja 300 - 2002 Acura TL - 2016 Corvette Z06
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 03:03 AM
Veteran

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gables_Ninja View Post
Love the color combination of the bike!

I've got the same generic CNC aluminum rearsets, more or less, for about the same price. They haven't been trouble free but I've managed. I fixed the brake light issue with a longer spring and some fine-tuning. The biggest issue is that the main bolt which serves as the axis for the gear lever wasn't properly attached from the factory, and while riding at night at 90 mph or so, around 50 miles from home, I tried to switch gear and the lever wasn't there. Scary as hell while your in fast trafic and can't see anything since it's dark. The lever was dangling there hitting the floor hanging by the linkage, so thankfully I didn't lose it. The seller refused to take responsibility which sucked. I had to ride 50 miles in 6th gear at night in Florida traffic. Not fun. I actually didn't think I would make it but this bike is actually usable stuck in 6th gear. Who would have guessed. Moral of the story, use loctite.

I also had some clearance issues, so I had to move the shift lever out with some spacers and a longer bolt.

Besides that, I'm happy with it. The gear changes are super crisp and short. I can't stand OEM gear changes anymore thanks to it. Being able to adjust the position is also great.

I don't have any other picture at hand where the rearsets are visible, so this pic will have to do. I was trying out the new pizza bag I modded. There's a post for it if anyone's curious.

my i get the pic your phone holder , how to install it please? thank you

Leo Vince Gp Corsa Slipon , Zero Gravity Corsa windshield
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 02:08 AM
Seasoned Vet

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
my i get the pic your phone holder , how to install it please? thank you
Look up "Steering Bolt Ram Mount", and you'll see plenty of pics around the forum or Google. It's pretty typical. You have to drill and tap the steering stem bolt yourself and install a RAM mount threaded adapter. If you have a drill (preferably a column drill) and the right tap, it isn't that hard to do.

- If someone's answer is useful, consider leaving a Like or a Thanks. The motivation to give a quality response is appreciated.
- Check out

- Thanks for reading! If you want to see some interesting How-To's and tips, check out
!
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 09:23 PM

i also installed cheap eBay rear sets only complain is that now the position is less comfortable (i also changed clip ons ) and when i ride with a pilon their boots crash into mines ,
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image[1].jpeg (142.3 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpeg image[3].jpeg (148.5 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpeg image[4].jpeg (132.6 KB, 50 views)
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 10:01 PM

Quote:
The full weight of the bike was on the foot peg as the bike slid across the track into the gravel. The foot peg took the damage without transferring it to the bike or the rear sets. I replaced the foot peg for like $10.

These are perfect quality rear sets for like a $100. You can't really beat them.
my brother low sided i has the same sliders it bends and break the md fairing too bad experience
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 02:42 PM
Seasoned Vet

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javy View Post
i also installed cheap eBay rear sets only complain is that now the position is less comfortable (i also changed clip ons ) and when i ride with a pilon their boots crash into mines ,
Those are the same ones I have. They're adjustable so just play with them. I put them too high to begin with and my knees were not fitting into the tank cutout right, but since I moved them down and back a notch I love them and can't stand sloppy OEM gears anymore.

- Check out

!
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 02:45 PM

Garage
Looks like your ebay rearsets are installed in a good way.
I have bought these eaby rearsets as well, but I cannot figure out how the brake side should be installed.
Do you have pictures of the back on your brake side rearset? It's the brake system and brake light I don't know how to connet them with the rearset.

I am also trying to make a video of how to install these ebay rearsets. I would be really appreciate if you can show the right way to install them.

Thanks so much!

To be helpful!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page