BKMoto Complete Projector Headlight - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-05-2016, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
BKMoto Complete Projector Headlight

Has anyone bought the complete headlight assembly from them and not just a kit? I'm pretty interested but was wondering if it was worth it. Buying the kit seems really time consuming and complicated. Also was wondering how their customer service is. Your thoughts?

2013 White Ninja 300 / ZX3R
Too many aftermarket parts to list.
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 12:23 AM
Seasoned Vet

Garage
I had them do mine. They bought a new assembly and built it at their shop. When I got it it was plug and play and ready to go. I installed the unit and sold the one that I took off my bike. I heard some bad stories about how tough it was to get the headlight assembly apart and decided to spend the money and let them do it. I also think that the company will do a much better job putting the headlight together than I could.
The down side is, expect to pay for the service. I was lucky and got in on a special that they were running three years ago. BTW, not one problem with the headlight since I installed it over three years ago. Good enough for me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ninja 7.jpg (132.1 KB, 117 views)
File Type: jpg Ninja 10.jpg (102.3 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg Ninja 6.jpg (128.4 KB, 107 views)
Rookie, ClutchDumper and 68charger like this.

MRA Windscreen,Yosh CF Slip-On,Fender Eliminator,Bar Ends,Rear Spools,Exhaust Hanger,Oil Filler Cap,CF Seat Accent,OEM Seat Cowl,ZX3-R Stickers,CF Air Box Covers,Removed Passenger Pegs,Pro-Tek Reservoir Covers,Driven Gas Cap,CF Chain/Hugger Guard,Battery Tender Pigtail,Tank Guard,Sportisi Exhaust Cowl,GPR V4 Stabilizer,Blaster X Tail Light,Bar Risers,JT 15T Sprocket, BKMOTO Projectors,RSV C5 Levers,Gear Indicator,Ohlin's Rear Shock,CF Headlight Cowl,SS Frame Plugs,CF Sprocket Cover,
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 11:52 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
Nice!! I have yet to see someone with a ninja 300 running the front AND rear halos. I hope its not something they only do for bigger bikes like the r6.

heres an example: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...76240599771358

Also idk if the LED strip/turn signals would be overkill with the double halos haha its hard to decide especially with it going to cost me $600+. How fast was the turn around time?

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 12:22 AM
Seasoned Vet

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchDumper View Post

How fast was the turn around time?

It has been a long time so I can't remember exactly how long the time was but it was not excessive. When you do it the way I did you do not have to count the time it takes to ship your headlight assembly to them.
Make sure that you get a switch with yours so you can turn the main light off when you don't need it. Makes the main beam last a long time that way.
Also get new indicator lights with the set up. The new indicator lights match the halos and main beam. If you don't replace the indicators they will look yellow compared to the rest of the lights.

MRA Windscreen,Yosh CF Slip-On,Fender Eliminator,Bar Ends,Rear Spools,Exhaust Hanger,Oil Filler Cap,CF Seat Accent,OEM Seat Cowl,ZX3-R Stickers,CF Air Box Covers,Removed Passenger Pegs,Pro-Tek Reservoir Covers,Driven Gas Cap,CF Chain/Hugger Guard,Battery Tender Pigtail,Tank Guard,Sportisi Exhaust Cowl,GPR V4 Stabilizer,Blaster X Tail Light,Bar Risers,JT 15T Sprocket, BKMOTO Projectors,RSV C5 Levers,Gear Indicator,Ohlin's Rear Shock,CF Headlight Cowl,SS Frame Plugs,CF Sprocket Cover,
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
Are you talking about the indicators on the side fairings? I'm planning to also get a tst industries integrated tail light with the relay so I the flashing would be synchronised

Also get new indicator lights with the set up. The new indicator lights match the halos and main beam. If you don't replace the indicators they will look yellow compared to the rest of the lights.[/QUOTE]
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 06:30 PM
Seasoned Vet

Garage
I am talking about the marker lights in the top right and left corners.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ninja 6.jpg (128.4 KB, 52 views)

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by travellingtenor View Post
I am talking about the marker lights in the top right and left corners.

ohh when i picked out my options on bkmoto I just didnt add the option cuz i thought those wouldnt be lit when i have them on. But if thats the case, is there a way to remove those? I prefer the cleaner look of just the halos.

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-19-2016, 02:44 PM

I bought a kit and installed myself. It was incredibly hard to get the unit apart as the sealant is hard so heat does nothing for it. I had it with double halos and demon eyes, also bought the strip but didn't like that it was individual visible leds so i bought a generic silicone-diffused strip instead.

After a few weeks the rings stared going out one at a time so I replaced them all with morimoto halos, thr rear ones now being switchback so the strips and rings turn Amber when i signal:

Before

After:

The rings from bkmoto when i bought them were CFL and very fragile because of it, but they did look very nice and diffused. The morimoto xb switchback rings' individual leds are visible up close. Being that the bk rings were CFL the Amber ring was Amber when off so it gave it a nice splash of color when the bike was parked. Now everything is white when i park it.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
ClutchDumper and 68charger like this.

Last edited by Lacrossev; 10-19-2016 at 02:47 PM.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-20-2016, 11:08 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
Those strips look awesome! Yeah i saw BK Moto's strips and didn't like how they weren't like yours. I mainly wanted the strip because it has turn signaling capabilities. But since I plan on ordering the fully assembled unit, i dont think itd be possible to get the type of strips you have. And i definitely know i won't be able to install it myself with the kit.

So yours is a white rear halo, amber front halo, white corner LEDs, and red demon eye? I plan on running double white halos, but as for the demon eye, I'm not sure if i want it unless im able to turn it off with one of the switches. Same thing with the corner lights. I just dont want corner lights at all so it gets the clean look like an R6.

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 01:00 PM

Both my HID and the demon eyes are switched. I only turn on the demon eyes when I'm parked and facing outward to help against random bozos whipping in to the spot and smacking in to my bike. The HID switch allows me to run it with just the halos and strips during the day, it's bright enough to match the LED DRLs on cars and gets quite a few compliments. Only problem I have with switching the demon eyes is that sometimes I forget to turn them off, go home at night and come morning the battery is drained. I've purchased some small digital circuit timers but have yet to install them. Hopefully when I get around to doing so I can set the demon eyes to maybe stay on for an hour or two then turn off until the switch is toggled again. My strips and white halos have the turn signal ability also.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page