Idle RPM too high? - Page 2 - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 07:46 PM

When I got my bike it was idling too high for my taste as well. All I did was adjust the idle. Did a vid here so you can see how

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2013 Kawi Girl For This Useful Post:
Captain (01-28-2013), KnowWon (06-09-2013)
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 07:55 PM
Seasoned Vet

Idle RPM too high?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 Kawi Girl View Post
When I got my bike it was idling too high for my taste as well. All I did was adjust the idle. Did a vid here so you can see how

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P78NHPYnXwY
Kudos!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

2013 Ebony 300.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicyNuggets View Post
Can get 60mpg used conservatively or 35mpg if being thrashed
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 07:57 PM
Seasoned Vet

Re: Idle RPM too high?

I'm running at ~1500.

I'll have the stealership fix all that for the 600mi service. I'll do my own service after that.

Sent from my R800x using Motorcycle.com Free App
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 08:04 PM

Quote:

Thanks Kawi Girl !! >> Where did you get the tank pad on your video?? thanks >>Flop
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 05:21 AM

Hello everyone , i bought the ninja 300 6 months back and have clocked around 10000kms. Since then . But , after 6000kms. There's one issue that's bothering me and that related to the 'fast idle system' on my bike . On a cold start the RPM's used to increase at first till 2000rpm to warm up the engine . But , now this doesn't happen , i start the bike and it just struggles to keep running and also dies sometimes so i have to start her again . But , also the ENGINE rpms don't increase and the bike starts at 1100rpms and stays right there , no increase in rpm by the fast idle system on the ninja300 . Do share your thoughts people . I seriously need to sort this out soon .
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 09:05 AM
Seasoned Vet

Quote:

Thanks for the video. Was out for a ride yesterday and noticed idle at around 1900 RPMS's.
Thus, I will be adjusting today.

Thanks again .............

MAY YOU LIVE AS LONG AS YOU WANT TO
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AND WANT TO AS LONG AS YOU LIVE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 09:51 AM
Seasoned Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granpooba View Post
Thanks for the video. Was out for a ride yesterday and noticed idle at around 1900 RPMS's.
Thus, I will be adjusting today.

Thanks again .............
P.S. Perfect bike. Not so perfect owner / rider.

Just went out to the garage and started the Ninja for an idle check. Cold start up idle showed 1900 RPM'S. While I was wiping off a few bugs from yesterdays ride, I heard the idle drop and checked to find that after warm up, it was idling around 1300 RPM. Proceeded to move handle bars full left and right to the stops with no change in RPM. Thus, I know all is right with cables.

Do not know how I had an idle speed of 1900 stuck in my head. Maybe I was just enjoying the ride and the bike so much yesterday, that I was just not paying that much attention to the tach. But at least the bike knew it was right. Am happy that at least one of us was correct.

Personally, I thought that I was wrong once before. But I was mistaken.

post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 12:36 PM
Veteran

A warm idle of 1100 is a bit low. I tried to look up how this particular efi system increases rpm when the engine is cold but didn't come up with anything. It may be just enriching the mixture but I'm not sure. The service manual was no help for me. Does anyone know the exact method the 300 uses for raising the idle when cold?
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 02:35 PM
Seasoned Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennylxix View Post
A warm idle of 1100 is a bit low. I tried to look up how this particular efi system increases rpm when the engine is cold but didn't come up with anything. It may be just enriching the mixture but I'm not sure. The service manual was no help for me. Does anyone know the exact method the 300 uses for raising the idle when cold?
Just a guess, but wouldn't the 300 COLD IDLE be a computer setting

As most likely, that would not have to be an adjustable setting.

Like I said ............. just guessing.

Service shop might know. Key word is " MIGHT ".

post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 03:51 PM
Veteran

Its controller by the computer but there has to be a physical way that gets translated into the engine actually running at a higher rpm.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page