2016 Ninja 300 High Beam will not turn off - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 01:53 PM Thread Starter

2016 Ninja 300 High Beam will not turn off

Hello everyone. I usually ride my bike with the high beams on all the time so I'm not sure when the problem started but I discovered a few days ago that my high beam will not turn off on the right side. The high beam switch and indicator works at least when it relates to the left side but regardless of the position of the switch the right high beam stays on. The low beams work. I've done some searching online but I can't seem to find anything. Any help I could get would be appreciated. Thanks.
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 02:10 PM
Veteran

I also usually ride with my high beams on (daytime)...but on our bikes 1 side is the low and the other side is the high. When low beam is on only 1 bulb is lit..with high beam they are both lit.

I'm not sure I understand exactly what your issue is? Are you sure what you're experiencing isn't normal? (1 bulb lit for low, both bulbs lit for high?)

2014 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 05:06 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iahawk View Post
I also usually ride with my high beams on (daytime)...but on our bikes 1 side is the low and the other side is the high. When low beam is on only 1 bulb is lit..with high beam they are both lit.

I'm not sure I understand exactly what your issue is? Are you sure what you're experiencing isn't normal? (1 bulb lit for low, both bulbs lit for high?)

I'm confused also.

MAY YOU LIVE AS LONG AS YOU WANT TO
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AND WANT TO AS LONG AS YOU LIVE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 12:01 PM

There is no high beam on the right side. Sitting on the bike, the right side light is the low beam and the left side light is the high beam, for stock lights anyway.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 03:22 PM
Veteran

Garage
I think you're confusing which lights are which.
The small dim lights in the upper outboard corners are "side lights" or "city lights."
The right side headlight is the "low beam."
The left side headlight is the "high beam."
(Might have confused my right and my left [hazards of being a lefty] but one side is high, one side is low, and the low stays lit when the high is on as well.)

Also may be important to note, there is no intensity difference between the high beam and low beam (same bulb and light output) just that the low beam is angled more downward than the high beam so as to not shine into the eyes of oncoming drivers.

2012 Honda NC700SA
2015 Kawasaki Ninja 300
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone for the advice. I should say the throttle side instead of right side. I don't know much about bulb size or angles and maybe i'm getting high beam confused with low beam but when I toggle the headlight switch the throttle side, lower light will not turn off. The front brake side goes off and on. Based on what you guys are saying I guess this is normal. I've never owned a Kawasaki before. I'm more familiar with Honda's and Yamaha's. I just don't feel like getting harassed by le because they see only one headlight on.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 10:26 AM
Veteran

Garage
Sounds like it functions as designed.

2012 Honda NC700SA
2015 Kawasaki Ninja 300
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 04:39 PM
Seasoned Vet

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by embeddedts View Post
Thanks everyone for the advice. I should say the throttle side instead of right side. I don't know much about bulb size or angles and maybe i'm getting high beam confused with low beam but when I toggle the headlight switch the throttle side, lower light will not turn off. The front brake side goes off and on. Based on what you guys are saying I guess this is normal. I've never owned a Kawasaki before. I'm more familiar with Honda's and Yamaha's. I just don't feel like getting harassed by le because they see only one headlight on.
The throttle side and the front brake side are the same side! How about you upload photos from the front with high beams on and off.

Engineer rocketing through time and space on two wheels!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page