Problems with regulator / stator - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 01:33 AM Thread Starter

Problems with regulator / stator

Hey guys, i have a problem with my motorcycle (Ninja 300 SE - 2013), i have about 24k on it. When i'm riding in traffic, i see the battery warning light, that's only happening in traffic, not on the highway, i tried with two batteries and i got the same result. I tested my battery with a multimeter, that's the result 12.50 (normal) - 12.36 (open x1) - 10.57 / 12.88 / 13.56 / 14.05 (open x2), totally normal, that's the result for the morning. Both batteries are fine, that's a problem with the regulator / stator. After staying in trafic, the battery just don't charge, they stuck at 12.03 / 12.34. It's weird but i'm not sure if the problem is from the regulator or the stator, anyone already got this problem?

Thanks!

Sorry for my bad grammar, i'm french canadian.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot_23.png (663.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: png Screenshot_24.png (705.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: png Screenshot_25.png (687.0 KB, 5 views)

Dekicou
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 10:34 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekicou View Post
Hey guys, i have a problem with my motorcycle (Ninja 300 SE - 2013), i have about 24k on it. When i'm riding in traffic, i see the battery warning light, that's only happening in traffic, not on the highway, i tried with two batteries and i got the same result. I tested my battery with a multimeter, that's the result 12.50 (normal) - 12.36 (open x1) - 10.57 / 12.88 / 13.56 / 14.05 (open x2), totally normal, that's the result for the morning. Both batteries are fine, that's a problem with the regulator / stator. After staying in trafic, the battery just don't charge, they stuck at 12.03 / 12.34. It's weird but i'm not sure if the problem is from the regulator or the stator, anyone already got this problem?

Thanks!

Sorry for my bad grammar, i'm french canadian.

I would say that you definitely have a charging problem. Depending on the motorcycle manufacturer, all battery charging systems are designed to charge above a set RPM. Not all bikes are the same, but it definitely sounds like yours is not charging at the proper RPM.

Sorry, I can not give you a definite answer. But what I can say is that their is nothing wrong with your French Canadian grammar. My Daughter In Law, is French Canadian and can not speak a word of English.

MAY YOU LIVE AS LONG AS YOU WANT TO
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AND WANT TO AS LONG AS YOU LIVE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 12:23 PM
Veteran

Garage
I see that the voltage is 13.98 which shows that there is charge being produced by the stator. Get the battery tested that is definately gone.

If the charger/stator was dead your bike would die completely and voltage would be 0

T&R,
Lemuel Dias
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 02:58 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by diaslemuel View Post
I see that the voltage is 13.98 which shows that there is charge being produced by the stator. Get the battery tested that is definately gone.

If the charger/stator was dead your bike would die completely and voltage would be 0

I myself usually go with the bad battery. But unless I am wrong in the reading, he has stated that he has tried ( 2 ) batteries.

MAY YOU LIVE AS LONG AS YOU WANT TO

AND WANT TO AS LONG AS YOU LIVE

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

I tested with the oem battery and the new battery is a Yuasa YTX9-BS 12V, fuses are fine too

Last edited by Dekicou; 05-09-2019 at 09:52 PM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

[QUOTE=diaslemuel;1709114] This is not normal..? That's what i got when the bike charging, but after a ride in the traffic, staying at 12V.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot_23.png (663.3 KB, 8 views)

Dekicou
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 10:56 AM
Veteran

Garage
I would suggest connect wires to the multimeter and take a test ride and record or monitor to see voltage when bike stalls.

It can even be a simple open wire or loose ground.

T&R,
Lemuel Dias

Tags
regulator

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page