Noob Mistake?! - Page 5 - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 05:10 PM
Seasoned Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaxDfns15 View Post
Think that's immediately after changing it before even starting the bike so that's probably why it hasn't mixed. In the second picture it looks better, and that's after he ran the bike.
I am fairly sure the pics were taken back to back without running the bike, and the 2nd pic looks worse not better. I have 5 hours on my last oil change, and it's still golden. OP didn't specify if turned on the last time, I don't know where you're inferring all this from. The oil shouldn't be mixing with anything.

Quote:
maybe put some cheap oil in it to clean out?
Myself, I'd try a couple more flushes with cheap car oil personally. Once sorted out, refill with m/c oil. When the engine is cool, please check the coolant level and reservoir level.

Last edited by xorbe; 03-17-2017 at 05:30 PM.
post #42 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 09:10 PM
Post Whore

The oil does look weird. My oil is brown/black. It's brown right after an oil change and it pretty much turns black after a few miles of riding.

I've never seen a greenish tint like what the OP posted. Perhaps some antifreeze got into the oil? Or maybe gasoline got into the oil?

OP, unscrew the oil fill plug and try putting your nose next to it to see if it smells funny.

If I were in your shoes, I would ride the bike gently around the neighborhood and see what the oil looks like in the sight glass. Let us know if it looks any better (brown or black in color).

Riding it like I financed it.
post #43 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 11:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iahawk View Post
And please come back and let us know how this all turns out...

I think I got it all Sorted out!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadd View Post
The oil does look weird. My oil is brown/black. It's brown right after an oil change and it pretty much turns black after a few miles of riding.

I've never seen a greenish tint like what the OP posted. Perhaps some antifreeze got into the oil? Or maybe gasoline got into the oil?

OP, unscrew the oil fill plug and try putting your nose next to it to see if it smells funny.

If I were in your shoes, I would ride the bike gently around the neighborhood and see what the oil looks like in the sight glass. Let us know if it looks any better (brown or black in color).

So I put 6.9 miles on my baby and oil still had a green tint to it, So heres what I went ahead and did..

-Got another fram oil filter

-Got some cheap 10-30w Mobile Super High Mileage oil (it was on sale)

-Drained the oil completely and when it was pretty much done I literally put the oil plug back in and filled with oil then drained that out (so I basically flushed with clean oil)

-installed new oil filter

-Put in new fresh oil

-turned on the bike and it looks so much better! I'm not sure what that green crap was but I think I got it all flushed out

-went ahead and cleaned and lubed the chain (so easy with my pitbull stands that I got for $50 each!)

and now all she needs is a wash!

here are some pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8410[1].jpg (111.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8413[1].jpg (120.4 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8416[1].jpg (176.5 KB, 21 views)
post #44 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 02:41 AM
Seasoned Vet

Looks like you got something on your tire, be careful to not get slippery stuff on your tires!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page