Best sounding slip-on exhaust? - Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

Best sounding slip-on exhaust?

I just got a 2015 ninja 300 but its too quiet. Loud pipes save lives right? So whats the best sounding exhaust for the ninja without making it sound like a civic with a fart can. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 12:16 PM
Forum Champion

Send a message via AIM to Muilisx
Welcome aboard!

Please fill in your location details via the User CP.

The stock exhaust is indeed quiet but I personally never changed it because I didn't want my bike to sound like a dirt bike. However, back then I was new to riding, and really wanted a I4 so I left the stock exhaust on because cruising in 5th at 7.5kRPM sounded awesome to me.

Anyway, when it comes to the 300 there's a few choices that you could go with that won't sound like a civic. However, it will have that sort of sound as it's a parallel twin engine and they sound a certain way with a aftermarket exhaust and there's nothing that can be done about that but it definitely won't sound like you're a ricer if that's your concern.

I'm not a fan of the 2bro on the 300 because of how the connecting pipe looks. It just looks meh to me. I'm also not a fan of the sound of the 2bro. I personally would skip the 2bro, and choose from the following list not in any special order.

1) Delkevic

2) Musarri

3) Leo Vince

4) Yoshi

5) Comp Werkes

Those 5 IMO are the best choices for the 300. You can go on YouTube, and just type in Ninja 300 and add one of those exhaust names and just listen to a few on YT. Just keep in mind YT videos DO NOT do exhausts justice so it will sound more solid, louder and just all around better IRL.

Or since I am bored here you go...Out of these videos I personally like the sound of the Delkevic and Leo Vince.

©•Muilisx•©

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Muilisx; 05-11-2015 at 12:21 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Muilisx For This Useful Post:
fitnessmastermind (05-11-2015), KennethJohnson (11-26-2015), Littletenderpaw (07-15-2015), NoMore2Up (05-20-2015)
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 12:18 PM
Post Whore

Garage
This isnt the answer you want but there is no best sounding pipe. Its relative to the rider. I personally like Yoshimura. I hate Mussari. Some like stock sound. I suggest researching all the cans out there, listen to what ever sound clips are out there, and make your decision. Also the bike will never sound like a 600.
Edwin L likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to howlinhoss For This Useful Post:
Elijah (05-11-2015)

post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 12:23 PM
Seasoned Vet

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by howlinhoss View Post
This isnt the answer you want but there is no best sounding pipe. Its relative to the rider. I personally like Yoshimura. I hate Mussari. Some like stock sound. I suggest researching all the cans out there, listen to what ever sound clips are out there, and make your decision. Also the bike will never sound like a 600.
Not to mention that those Civic guys think the fart can exhaust sounds pretty badass. The best is 100% subjective.

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." This and other useless metaphors will be made available upon request.

Q. Why do I ride?
A. Because I've never seen anyone jogging and smiling.

2012 Ninja 650
2011 ZX6R
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 12:23 PM
Forum Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by howlinhoss View Post
Also the bike will never sound like a 600.
Well, to be fair the stock exhaust at a certain RPM does have a " SLIGHT " I4 sound to it. When I say SLIGHT I really mean SLIGHT. That's the reason I never got rid of the stock exhaust on the 300 because cruising around 7.5kRPM inside of my helmet sounded like it had a HINT of a I4 sound to it but it was ONLY at that sweet spot in I believe it was 5th. However, yes it will never have an actual I4 sound to it especially with anything other than the stock exhaust.

©•Muilisx•©

post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 12:33 PM
Banned

awesome vidio
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 12:50 PM
Veteran

Garage
I personally like the M4 with a baffle in myself. With the baffle in its loud and without it's crazy loud! But I like the tone of it better than all the rest I've heard. Kinda sounds like a Subie STI exhaust tone.
post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHish View Post
I just got a 2015 ninja 300 but its too quiet. Loud pipes save lives right? So whats the best sounding exhaust for the ninja without making it sound like a civic with a fart can. Thanks!
I have a MGP Growler on my 300 and I absolutely love it. It is definitely a blind spot eliminator and has a deep, mean roar that just sounds bad ass IMO. I don't wear ear plugs when I ride, like lots of riders do, and the sound of the exhaust doesn't bother me 1 bit. The exhaust is also aesthetically pleasing IMO. The can is much smaller than most slip-ons at only 8" in length to give it a nice sleek look. Most cans are in the 12" range. You have the option to throw on the logo which is a sticker in the packaging, or you can go without it which I prefer. You can pick one up for right around $255 which is MUCH lower than a Yosh, 2 Bros, Leo Vince, etc... May be worth checking out.

The Following User Says Thank You to NinjaRider84 For This Useful Post:
Kawa3 (05-13-2015)
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 01:24 PM
Forum Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaRider84 View Post
I don't wear ear plugs when I ride, like lots of riders do, and the sound of the exhaust doesn't bother me 1 bit.
That's because we don't wear them due to the exhaust. We wear them because of wind dB.

©•Muilisx•©

post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muilisx View Post
That's because we don't wear them due to the exhaust. We wear them because of wind dB.
I have heard both sides of it. Some riders never wore ear plugs prior to getting an exhaust. Thanks for your 2 cents...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page